Cross Shooting!

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

a.JR

Diffenences!

#16 Postby a.JR » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:35 am

fs
Last edited by a.JR on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Q

#17 Postby Tony Q » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:36 am

Thanks for that Jeff

You make some interesting comments mate.

I understand the issue of the short range BR rigs, the use of them was indicated as an example because Mick brought them into the debate, so I used them as an example as well. But i understand what your saying.

Now Jeff, while 1000yrd BR started in the 60’s as an unlimited class only, do you know when it was split into Heavy and Light classes?

Also, its an interesting statistic you raise that the group size for light gun is double that of heavy gun. And I agree if you beat the Heavy boys with a LG then you deserve a huge pat on the back. But, Jeff, doesn’t that indicate the problems of having just one unlimited class, and nothing else, wouldn’t it, by default, force you into an equipment race rather than persevering at the back working up your skills even more?

Would it be true to say this is the very reason there are 2 classes in BR?

Again Jeff, I’m not stirring things up, I’m just after clarification and a better understanding of the classes in BR as I cant help but think, that, the very reason they have separate classes is because one unlimited class just didn’t work.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Mick

#18 Postby Mick » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:46 pm

Tony Q wrote:1....Do I take it that you have a Heavy Fly gun weighing more than 10kg and with a wider forend than 3 inches that you would like to use in F Open?

Nope, but I know of quite a few people who do, which is why I suggested allowing them to shoot if FO is in need of more shooters.

Tony Q wrote:2....In 1000yrd BR and Fly shooting did the Light gun evolve first or did the Heavy gun, or did they both start at the same time?

As a.JR said, probably about the same time.

Tony Q wrote:3....If in BR, 1000yrd BR and Fly, if there were only ONE unlimited class in each discipline would there be as many shooters involved as there currently are?

There is only 1 "unlimited" class in each, so yes.

Tony Q wrote:4....In BR, 1000yrd BR and Fly which is more popular, the Light gun classes or the Heavy unlimited classes?

I'd split that down to about 50/50 to be honest.

Tony Q wrote:5. If BR is not lacking shooters, as you say, could this be because they do have 4 divisions to cater for all types?

I imagine that may be the case. Not excluding people due to equipment restrictions and making a place for them is a very good thing.

In all honesty, I dont believe the width of a stock or the weight of the rifle make THAT much of a difference when shooting for score. I'm pretty sure my FO rifle tracks almost as well and sits as steady as any heavy unlimited rifle I've shot.

a.JR

History!

#19 Postby a.JR » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:18 pm

e]
Last edited by a.JR on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

Benchrest Standard!

#20 Postby AlanF » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:33 pm

It seems like there's a move in the US to bring in the BR equivalent of F-Class Std.

http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html#issuepoll

Just when we are talking about less equipment restrictions, they are talking more.

Alan :-k

RAVEN

#21 Postby RAVEN » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:31 pm

That won't work Alan because they won't be able to get a perfect score :P

Return to “General Forum”