Warrnambool rocks.

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

John Weigel

Warrnambool rocks.

#1 Postby John Weigel » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:30 pm

This is a very early plug for next year’s (Dec 28-31 2024) four-day shoot at Warrnambool ‘Summer by the Sea’ combination OPM and ‘Australia’s only marathon shoot’. I had the best time ever this last week mixing with the nicest possible people, shooting everything from 300-900 yards with challenging, but not too-challenging strong wind. The final day was a true shooting marathon, visiting six mounds, finishing at 900. The cool breezy edge-of-sea range has enough surrounding topography to make it a perfect place for shooters at my intermediate level of ability to get ideal experience, and for better shooters to really shine. The SW Victoria clubs really put on an enjoyable and relaxed shoot, and with Peter H as Range Officer, it was, as always, a smooth-running event. Having brought ‘only’ 193 rounds of ammo, one of the guys offered up a final round for my final shoot at 900; I’d run out due to a goof-up ‘0’ on second sighter. Despite strong and variable winds, I managed a ‘5’ with the gifted round, much better than a ‘0’, making all the difference in my final standing and sense of satisfaction. I’ll be there next year, and highly recommend more out-of-staters to participate.

John

Toe Cutter

Re: Warrnambool rocks.

#2 Postby Toe Cutter » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:30 pm

Awesome Event…..

Return to “General Forum”