SSAA membership

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

macguru

SSAA membership

#1 Postby macguru » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:23 pm

Just wondering do most people keep up their SSAA membership as well as club membership ? Its probably worth it for the insurance but what do you think ?
id quod est

RDavies

Re: SSAA membership

#2 Postby RDavies » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:57 pm

I keep SSAA membership as the Fly shoots they run are great competitions and we can use our existing F class gear while shooting off a bench under cover.
SSAA ranges are also handy for sighting in, running in barrels, crony testing and initial load development.

loneranger

#3 Postby loneranger » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:11 pm

I do too, mainly for doing load development, sighting in etc... as well as fulfilling my Hunting requirements

Weairy

#4 Postby Weairy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:08 pm

I feel like this highlights a bit of a failing in the NRAA side. Members shouldn’t have to go to SSAA ranges to sight in and load develop…
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.
I'm not Craig, if you want to contact him, email on c.weaire@bigpond.com

Agros351

#5 Postby Agros351 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:11 am

Weairy wrote:I feel like this highlights a bit of a failing in the NRAA side. Members shouldn’t have to go to SSAA ranges to sight in and load develop…

Is this not a club level issue, not the nraa tho, as in the clubs that run the range not making available time for those things to happen

Most Saturdays we have someone either doing load development or sighting in a rifle and not always a competition rifle

Tim N

#6 Postby Tim N » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:32 pm

The ssaa ranges don’t charge per shot which makes it cheaper for some activities
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Weairy

#7 Postby Weairy » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:58 pm

Agros351 wrote:
Weairy wrote:I feel like this highlights a bit of a failing in the NRAA side. Members shouldn’t have to go to SSAA ranges to sight in and load develop…

Is this not a club level issue, not the nraa tho, as in the clubs that run the range not making available time for those things to happen

Sorry, when I say NRAA, I mean NRAA ranges/clubs as a collective, not the body itself.

We’re working on putting in a 100m mound at our club to promote exactly that; load dev and zeroing on our range, instead of our members driving past the range and a further 45min to the SSAA to do it.
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.
I'm not Craig, if you want to contact him, email on c.weaire@bigpond.com

Return to “General Forum”