Yet another newbie.

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Longriver13

Yet another newbie.

#1 Postby Longriver13 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:59 pm

G'day all,
My name is Niall and I am just starting out in F-Class and shooting in general. I belong to a small club here in north-west NSW and have just yesterday acquired a new Savage Model 12 F/TR in 308 (after a 7 month wait for it to get to Australia) topped with a Nikko Stirling 6-24 Nighteater with fine crosshairs as a starting point. I can't wait to take it to the range and make some noise with it. I hate to admit it but for a long time I thought the "F" in F-class stood for FUN, still now I know what it really stands for I reckon F for fun is a pretty apt description. See ya for now, Niall.

Simon C

#2 Postby Simon C » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Welcome Niall,

I'm sure you will have plenty of fun with that rifle. I saw you posted about acquiring a remington range gun....my advice would be to stick with your Savage in the first instance. Get to know what you need in terms of gear by talking to as many people as possible and looking at their setups. This couped with your range experience will lead you down the right path. You will soon see that there are plenty of people shooting a myriad of different rifles with good results.

IMHO, good, repeatable optics are a must in this game so if u feel the need to spend some money, this is where I would start.
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Return to “General Forum”