Be alert and carefull

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Old Trev-39

Be alert and carefull

#1 Postby Old Trev-39 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 pm

Hi All,
I had an incident to-day which could have had a bad outcome. I have been doing some load development with 2213sc in my .284, I have used 2209 for years but with powders the way they are, wanted to find an alternative if needed. Not having done any reloading for awhile owing to Xmas break and wet weather we have been having up here, I just set out usual components and got into it. Have been a bit under the weather the past couple of days with a head cold, and not thinking straight, put out the bottle of 2209 instead of 2213sc. Luckily as I was putting everything away after loading, I realised what I had done. Sat down pulled projectiles and emptied the 2209 loads back into the correct bottle, and proceeded to re-load with 2213sc. I do not know what the consequences might have been with an extra 2.5 grains of 2209 in the load.
My advice is this if not feeling 100% do not load or else double check everything before starting, especially if you have recently changed something in your reloading proceedures. I am that carefull wit my components that I keep my powders in separate cupboards for each powder type.
Not ashamed to admit my stuff up and hope this is a reminder to all that we cannot be to carefull when handling dangerous things.
Cheers from up north,
Trevor.

Fire Dog

Re: Be alert and carefull

#2 Postby Fire Dog » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:06 pm

I hear your on that...
Your advice also applies to trying to load late at night... [-X

Return to “General Forum”