Online Petition - PLEASE READ!!!!!!

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Quick

Online Petition - PLEASE READ!!!!!!

#1 Postby Quick » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:40 am

Guys, this is a copy of the email I sent this morning to both the SSAA Executive and the NRAA executive.

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

My name is (insert name) and I am a member of both the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia and also the National Rifle Association of Australia. The reason I am writing this email to both organisations is the you are both the biggest representitive organisations for target shooters, hunters and firearms owners in Australia.

It is now 11 years after the Howard Gun Buy Back Scheme and recently within the last few years many university reports and such have come to light in esstially saying that this scheme did not achieve its desired effect. Many of us sporting shooters, hunters and general firearms owners lost several firearms in the scheme and it did leave a bitter tase in our mouths.

I believe that one way that this could be reticfied, at least in a small way, is with a mass online petition buy both organisations on their websites that calls for the lifting of restrictions of at the very least Catagory C class firearms and at the most Catagory D and H firearms. The SSAA has over 120,000 members itself, I am unable to find out the amount of members the NRAA has at this time. Coupled with this online petition, a mailout to all members by both organisations highlighting and requesting that they sign this online petition could have a major effect in getting the parliament to sit up and take notice of this matter as many petitions have been brought before parliament and succeded with less signatures.

Thank you very much for your time and I urge you to please consider this proposal.

What do you guys reckon, if everyone could send an email similar to this to both organisation executives, it could help our case. I will be posting this on AusHunt forums and AusVarmint forums as well. Any other forums that cater for aussie shooters, can you guys please post this aswell and we could have a real crack at this.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

Grant

#2 Postby Grant » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:12 am

Good idea I have already copied and sent it on under my name to the NRAA as I am a member of that organisation
if it is ferel shoot it

Woody_rod

#3 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Cool! I can have that L1A1 at last for "collecting" :lol:

Quick

#4 Postby Quick » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:46 pm

If we can get as many people to send a similar email to both the SSAA and NRAA, it might do some good and we could have SLRs for legitimate reasons and imagine: IPSC rifle matches using ARs, AKs, and L1A1s. We would still need proper reasons if it went ahead but it would allow us to use semi-autos for hunting and target shooting.

Just think:a rifle version of an IPSC Practical match, it would be GREAT FUN!!!!!!
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

Return to “General Forum”