Newbie - Kind of

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

KentC

Newbie - Kind of

#1 Postby KentC » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:08 am

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I have been lurking for a while which is probably bad and decided that I really should get involved in the future of this great sport. I joined up with Hornsby RSL RC about 18 months ago and am realy enjoying F-Class so far. I have been shooting since I was quite young and reloading since I was 18, I am now 30 and have found most of the skills I learned while hunting and reloading have put me in good stead while shooting F-Class. Although reloading for target has forced me into a lot of research and testing etc which one never does while hunting.

When I first started out in F-Class I spent a lot of time Talking to Doug Caple, Matt Paroz (when he was on the range at hornsby) and Mike Prosser who All seemed keen to offer advice and for which I am appreciative.

I am currently using the clubs 223 and doing quite well with it. Being a 223 shooter have been watching with keen interest the HBC/AMAX controversy and I am interested to see where it all ends up especially now with potential new targets in 2010.

Looking forward to seeing you all around as I start to shoot at some opens in the next year or so and keen to make at least the NSW queens.

- Kent Chalmers.

bennf

Welcome

#2 Postby bennf » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:48 pm

Welcome Kent
Good to hear you are enjoying the dark side of Fullbore.

Benn

johnk

Re: Welcome

#3 Postby johnk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:03 pm

bennf wrote:Good to hear you are enjoying the dark side of Fullbore.

Enough of this dark side crap!

We're not the ones looking up the fundament of a jam tin. :P

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:00 pm

G,day Kent. Being at the Hornsby range means you are in close proximity to a few different ranges and open prize shoots. You should be able to get to a few prize shoots next year. One thing you will find at nearly any range you go to, is that most blokes are keen for a chat and will help you where they can. Of course all the advice you get will vary from shooter to shooter, but picking jems out of all the advice is part of the fun. See you round.

KentC

Re: Welcome

#5 Postby KentC » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:55 am

johnk wrote:We're not the ones looking up the fundament of a jam tin. :P

I like Jam.. what's wrong with Jam? :D

Thanks fella's.

Return to “General Forum”