went to my first F class shoot

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

smlekid

went to my first F class shoot

#1 Postby smlekid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:56 am

well theres nothing like throwing yourself in the deep end after getting a load I was happy with and zeroing my rifle (An Omark in 308) I got to have a crack at shooting F class for the first time
the day I picked they were shooting 1000y I managed a 46 and a 50 so was quite happy with that the wind really stuffed me up I need a lot more experience at reading it
while this is my first attempt at F class I have done a lot of SSAA MRC shooting but in general we only shoot out to 500m

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 am

That is certainly going in at the deep end! You did well to get on the target. Well done.

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 am

Where abouts are you? It is handy if you can meet up with an experienced shooter to give you a few tips and anwer any of those many questions you might have.
I hope you enjoyed the 1000yd shoot, the lure of the long shot is much more fun than playing around at rock throwing distance at the SSAA range isnt it?

smlekid

#4 Postby smlekid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:56 am

I'm in Mildura I know a few people who have taken up F Class shooting locally who also shoot MRC they were very helpfull givivg me ballistics sheets for my loads and good advive on windage in fact my very first shot at 1000y was a 5
I did enjoy the 1000y shoot but it is a totally different ball game to shooting Military rifle we shoot the same size targets at all ranges with as issued service rifles so even at the rock throwing distances :lol: it takes a fair bit of skill to shoot a good score at 500 :lol:

Return to “General Forum”