Importing scopes

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

M12LRPV

#16 Postby M12LRPV » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:20 pm

theopticzone has a new years sale on. It may just get you under $1000 with postage but only for another week.

LEE .308

#17 Postby LEE .308 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:02 pm

I had a look on the customs website but couldn't find anything regarding restrictions on scopes. I think I'll give them a ring on Monday and Talk to someone rather than trying to find info then I will get it from the horses mouth as well the horse will have a name to refer back to. The scope is going to cost $989.00 plus $53 for shipping and international surcharge of $20 totalling just over $1060.so hopefully he surcharge and shipping costs wont be added to the cost price keeping it under $1000 and avoiding any GST. I'm sure when I talk to customs they will let me know if or not I will get hit with it.
Thanks for the info and advice everyone. Its been a great help and a money saver.
Have a good weekend. I'm off to the Sheffield OPM, first shooting meet for the year. I hope I have as much satisfaction there as I did here.
Have a great week end.
Cheers
Lee :D
Lee O'Keefe
Secretary
Sandford Rifle Club
Tas
http://sandfordrifleclub.com.au/

M12LRPV

#18 Postby M12LRPV » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm

LEE .308 wrote:I had a look on the customs website but couldn't find anything regarding restrictions on scopes. I think I'll give them a ring on Monday and Talk to someone rather than trying to find info then I will get it from the horses mouth as well the horse will have a name to refer back to. The scope is going to cost $989.00 plus $53 for shipping and international surcharge of $20 totalling just over $1060.so hopefully he surcharge and shipping costs wont be added to the cost price keeping it under $1000 and avoiding any GST. I'm sure when I talk to customs they will let me know if or not I will get hit with it.
Thanks for the info and advice everyone. Its been a great help and a money saver.
Have a good weekend. I'm off to the Sheffield OPM, first shooting meet for the year. I hope I have as much satisfaction there as I did here.
Have a great week end.
Cheers
Lee :D

Have fun getting customs to stand by anything they tell you over the phone :) Just have a look at what the knife buyers are going through.

Anyway there is nothing tricky about the $1000 limit. Go over it in all costs (includes postage) and you're up for the fee's.

The order that I just put in was calculated to take the discount off after the international surcharge and postage had been added so that discount will get you under regardless.

LEE .308

#19 Postby LEE .308 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Hiya M1
Ahhh ok anything to get a dollar out of you eh, isn't that typical of the Govt.
no worries thanks for that. I will see if I can do some dodgy dealing with them to make sure it comes under $1000.
Cheers
Lee
Lee O'Keefe

Secretary

Sandford Rifle Club

Tas

http://sandfordrifleclub.com.au/

Return to “General Forum”