Australian Match Rifle Association has adopted F/TR class.

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

Australian Match Rifle Association has adopted F/TR class.

#1 Postby RDavies » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:31 pm

I have just read that Australian Match Rifle Association has adopted F/TR class. This will allow 308 shooters to shoot whatever weight bullet they want to get out to the 1000,1100 and 1200yd ranges. At the moment they wont be weighing rifles this year so most F std shooters will be able to have a go at these long range shoots.
Those few who were thinking of getting an F/TR spec barrel/bipod will for one or two overseas shoots will now have plenty of long range competitions to use them in. =D>

John S

#2 Postby John S » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Yes this is correct Greg W made this announcement on the NSW F Class website on the 4 April 2011.

For further information read on......... www.nswfclass.com.au

Cheers

John S

actionclear

#3 Postby actionclear » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:57 am

Fantastic news.

Just goes to show if the members want something bad enough, they will work until a solution is found.

I am too far away to drop everything and compete at such short notice. I would certainly like to be kept informed of other competitions. (I have joined the Match Rifle Forum)

Time to lob the business for a new barrel and bullets to play with. :D
Linda

.308 Scoped Rifle

Western Australia.

johnk

#4 Postby johnk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:54 am

It's a matter of logic.

A Match Rifle shooter converting to a fully-rested rifle was until now required to compete with his .308 against F Open competitors, or shoot a long-throated barrel with 155s. This decision offers the possibility of an alternate challenge, depending of course on the takeup.

OK, got it on the right thread this time!

Return to “General Forum”