End of an Era

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ned kelly

End of an Era

#1 Postby ned kelly » Wed May 04, 2011 7:36 pm

G'day all,
sadly last Saturday marked the end of an era, Geoff Slee had a clearing sale for all tooling and machined stocks and blanks. Most of the classic patterns and the Don Allen pantograph have moved to Tasmania, Pro-Cal has picked up a number of walnut XX grade blanks and the xxx grade were sold well under cost. I think he has acquired some patterns too.

As for walnut stocks 95% finished for your varminter, I'm not rightly sure where you can source them now. Pro-Cal, might be a good start but it will depend on where the patterns have ended up and if the new owner is prepared to cater for the mail order market........PVM will need time to sort out what he has and if and how he will produce the volume that Geoff provided to the aussie shooting community.

food for thought and wishing Mr Geoff Slee good luck with is health...........

Ned

flatlina

#2 Postby flatlina » Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 pm

It's a sad day indeed and will take a big step from someone to fill the void. I have a couple of his stocks on Martini's.

Regards
john

ned kelly

#3 Postby ned kelly » Wed May 25, 2011 12:14 pm

G'day all,
sadly it has been brought to my attention today that Geoff Slee has passed away last Monday afternoon after a long battle with cancer. My condolences to all his family and friends at this sad time.
It truely is an end of an era in custom gunstock making in Australia :(
Ned

http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/obitua ... ateid=2413

actionclear

#4 Postby actionclear » Wed May 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Our condolences to Geoff's family and friends. This is a great loss to the rifle shooting movement in Australia.

One of Australia's true legends of the sport.

R.I.P

From all at Actionclear.
Linda

.308 Scoped Rifle

Western Australia.

Return to “General Forum”