VRA Shop

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

DannyS

VRA Shop

#1 Postby DannyS » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 am

The VRA has updated their website, the shops stock is now listed online. :)

bartman007

#2 Postby bartman007 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 am

Well done Rod =D>

From the looks of things, there is quite a bit IN STOCK.

Sounds like the shop is back on track.

I noticed a week or two ago, that they now stock the Sightron scopes! And the prices were cheaper than I've seen so far.

Seddo

#3 Postby Seddo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:20 am

the website looks good.
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

DannyS

#4 Postby DannyS » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:13 pm

G'day Mike,

Interesting that you mentioned that you had seen their price re Sightron scopes a week or two ago (pretty good price, by the way).

I have been checking re updates to the site regularly via my optus tablet, and only got the update re the shop this morning.

Now for current gradings :)

Must admit R & C, seem to be doing a great job, must be quite a job taking it over.

It would be great to see the VRA really starting to get up to date. Now is the time to start supporting them.

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:40 pm

We trained them how to do things properly at Rosedale, then seconded them to the VRA to put into practice our teachings. :D

bartman007

Rankings

#6 Postby bartman007 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Danny,

It seems that there is someone else that is updating the Grading / Results information.

22nd July was a little while ago, considering Karramomus OPM was a couple of weeks ago now.

Lets wait and see. There was an initial issue with what was being displayed, where people with less than 8 shoots were being included in the Rankings list.

Cheers,

Mike.

DannyS

#7 Postby DannyS » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Mike, I did notice that issue re Rankings, ie not sufficient shoots to get a ranking, I don't have a problem with that, we all make mistakes ( and so do our computers), as they say the person who has never made a mistake, hasn't done anything.

I could be wrong, but these days, with the internet, we have got used to almost immediate information.

I am well aware that it will take a fair bit of work on behalf of the VRA to get up to date.

The Shop ( and I think Rod & Cheryl will agree) needs to be set up where we can make online orders, via a checkout, payment system. All done online.

Results from VRA meetings should be available to members, it shouldn't be a secret.

Horsham Prize Meeting is this weekend, current gradings should be available.

From what I hear and see, the VRA, in recent years, has missed out on huge sales, due to the shop not being user friendly.

And if members are to use the website, then it needs to be updated very regularly.

I look forward to Cheryl and Rod bringing the VRA into the current century.

PS, would be good to see you at Horsham, but given the distances, I will be surprised to see you.

PPs. If you do turn up, my shout.

Take care

Danny

bartman007

#8 Postby bartman007 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Horsham OPM, alas I can't make it this year :-(

I have a course on in Melbourne on Saturday, and Sunday I'm busy with my verandah.

I was hoping to get there, but it will have to be next year!

Any way, it'll give you a chance to shine :-)

Cheers.

DannyS

#9 Postby DannyS » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Busy with your verandah? Are you building one or sitting in your old rocking chair? :lol:

Catch up another time.

Cheers Danny

bartman007

#10 Postby bartman007 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 am

Busy with your verandah? Are you building one or sitting in your old rocking chair? :lol:

Ha Ha.

I'm building one on the Man Cave, so that I can put Solar panels on it. That way when I use the welder to add extra length to my barrels, that I don't chew up too much power :-)

And I'm running out of time, as the guys are coming to install the new system! And it's not finished......damn that rain.

Return to “General Forum”