New gun laws in QLD

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

New gun laws in QLD

#1 Postby RDavies » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:50 am

There are new gun laws coming into QLD which means toy guns, even a soap bar in the shape of a gun have to be registered and locked away.

OK, fair enough, if my young fella clobbered me on the head with the soap gun, it wouldbloody well hurt. (Could I have him locked up for pistol whipping me????).
I do have a question. If we have to show cause why we need it, are there any events where we can use soap guns or pop guns? I was thinking if I have it in my toiletry bag when I go to the next Belmont Queens, I can always say I was going to use it at 300yds.
Click on the link below.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 5900793134

bsouthernau

Re: New gun laws in QLD

#2 Postby bsouthernau » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 am

RDavies wrote: If we have to show cause why we need it, are there any events where we can use soap guns or pop guns?

That's the sort of thing I'd expect to read on April Fools' Day. I think you could mount a pretty compelling case that being clean and sweet-smelling is just cause for owning a piece of soap.

Barry

bartman007

My hand is a leathal weapon - better license it

#3 Postby bartman007 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 am

Well, my thumb and forefinger when stuck in your back could be considered a lethal weapon.

Better license that too :roll:

I hope the feedback they get shows that this line of control is a waste of effort.

Don't the pollies have a heap of work to get the QLD state back on track after the big floods and cyclones? Stop wasting time and tax payers resources on trivial matters such as this.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 am

This could be the thin end of the wedge. Next thing will be "if he looks like a criminal then he should be locked up". Come to think of it some of those Queensland pollies look bad enough for jail time :lol: .

John E

#5 Postby John E » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 am

This article was advertising proposed changes to the Act in Queensland, calling for public comment, in August. I would expect that firearms owners and organisations representing them, have submitted their comments, as happens here in Victoria.
I will be interested to see the outcome.
John

Brad Y

#6 Postby Brad Y » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:33 am

AlanF wrote: Next thing will be "if he looks like a criminal then he should be locked up" .

Eeek the collingwood football team are up for some trouble when they play at the gabba then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cameron Mc

#7 Postby Cameron Mc » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Hopefully common sense will come through. The following quote should be a positive if it goes through.

Among the improvements shooters will enjoy under the new laws are:

Category A and B firearm licences will last 10 years, up from five
reduced reporting requirements for pistol clubs and firearm dealers
permits to acquire will last six months, up from three
recognition of interstate and foreign licences when determining the issuing of Queensland licences.

“It is anticipated that further red tape reduction initiatives will be identified by the Weapons Advisory Panel, which has agreed to continue to work with me during a second phase of weapons review,” Mr Dempsey said.

The bill has been tabled in parliament, but still has a way to go before being approved.

Return to “General Forum”