ATR

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Matt P

ATR

#1 Postby Matt P » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:18 am

Hi All
The latest edition of the ATR has just come out, as I started reading the Chairman's Message and I found something missing, there was delightment about the appointment of the Senior and Veterans Captain's for the next Palma. There was mention of individuals doing well at the NSW Queens and a call for interested parties wanting to be part of an Australian team to Bisley, BUT not one word about OUR (NRAA) F Class team that competed at the FCWC in the US and won !!!!, being the first NRAA team to win a World Championship in a LONG time (1988 Palma ??? could be wrong). I would have thought that would deserve a mention, maybe I'm just being silly....... again !!!

Matt P
PS Nice write up Allan.
Last edited by Matt P on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cameron Mc

#2 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:24 am

Not surprising Matt. Did we make the front cover...?

Cheers
Cam

Norm

#3 Postby Norm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:42 am

I'm not surprised.

The NRAA is interested in only one thing from what I can see and its not F-Class or long range F-Class.

Razer

#4 Postby Razer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Without F-Class, in all it's forms, many rifle clubs would not be viable.
My club certainly would not be.
'No/fewer rifle clubs' means that the ever diminishing few TR shooters would have nowhere to shoot so, effectively, the NRAA is literally 'shooting itself in the foot'.
Trying to accept that fact may be hard for the NRAA to acknowledge, but, they do so at their peril.
There is a swing to F-Class because that is what suits the majority of today's shooters. I believe that it is called progress which the 'current NRAA' needs/must embrace if it wishes to be recognized as the representative body of Australian Target Shooters.
Ultimately, the National Rifle Association of Australia may find itself floundering for lack of members when the F class shooters decide to form a National Rifle
'F-Class' Association of Australia.

Cameron Mc

#5 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:17 pm

After Julie and I arrived home from the FCWC we were totally overwelmed by the congratulatory support we received.
This support came from you people on this forum. Our dear family and friends. Workmates. Locals in our home town, many of whom we don't know. We received recognition from our local paper in the form of a front page write up. We were nominated unknowingly for our local "Sport Star of the Month", which we won. This received more media attention. Personally we are not attention seekers and see this as great promotion for our sport.
Last week a letter came from from our local State Member of Parliment to compliment the team and our achievements.

It is a pity "politics" in our governing body governs who will be recognised.

We are still very proud of being part of Team Australia. We are very proud of the team's and individual's achievments.

There is a saying, "what goes around comes around"......... it will happen, don't worry.... 8)

Cheers
Cam & Julie McEwan

bartman007

F Class and TR magazine

#6 Postby bartman007 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Maybe you should ask the NRAA for an answer as to why they didn't put it in print :?:

Then by making it public we can understand what they want, to enable them to publicise such a great win.

I'd hate to think that they were simply predujiced against our sport :!:

After all, Bob is the Rules Director (edited) at the moment. He is F Class Standard, so there should not be a prejudice.
Last edited by bartman007 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Mc

#7 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:59 pm

So, did we make the front page.

Suspense is killing me 8)

Cam

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Cameron Mc wrote:So, did we make the front page.

Suspense is killing me 8)

Cam

No we didn't make the front cover. But in fairness to the NRAA, they didn't get the article till right on the deadline, and I didn't specifically provide a photo for the front cover. I'm not going to get too concerned about the NRAA's lack of enthusiasm. F-Class shooters know and appreciate what we did and to be judged by your peers is always better than lip service from outsiders.

Alan

Cameron Mc

#9 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Alan

Agree, we are not really concerned with NRAA's lack of enthusiasm, but they could have easily got a pic of Team Australia for the cover. They only had to ask. We pay our dues for that magazine and should receive equal coverage.

Cheers
Cam

GregW

#10 Postby GregW » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Australia won the Palma match in 1988 in Sydney. Previous to that, it was the Palma in 1979 in New Zealand. Continuing with overseas matches, we won the Protea match in South Africa in1999, and the Outlanders in 2007 in Canada. We also won the Australia match at Belmont in 2005. I was fortunate to be part of the last three. However, nothing compared to winning a World Championship Teams Match overseas. The "Overseas" at Bisley is NOT contested by Great Britain. The Kolapore and the McKinnon are part the "Imperial Meeting" each year. Sixteen Countries competing at Raton suggests to me that "F" class will be around for a long time into the future.............Patience is a virtue they tell me.

Greg Warrian. [/u]

ecomeat

Re: F Class and TR magazine

#11 Postby ecomeat » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:44 pm

bartman007 wrote:Maybe you should ask the NRAA for an answer as to why they didn't put it in print :?:

Then by making it public we can understand what they want, to enable them to publicise such a great win.

I'd hate to think that they were simply predujiced against our sport :!:

After all, Bob is the president at the moment. He is F Class Standard, so there should not be a prejudice.

Craig McGowan from Brisbane has been waiting for over six months for Bob to answer his simple request for a ruling regarding "forends" on rifles in F Class. I have never met the man but given his prolific input into the discussion regarding rear plates and their usage in F Class, it's pretty easy to get the impression that "F Class" actually doesn't rank highly on Bobs list of priorities.
That sort of performance would normally be seen by an Appointee, rather than someone elected by fee paying Members.

Bartman, the NRAA website lists MAJGEN John Hartley (Retd) as President, but you had Bob as President. I am completely, blissfully unaware of the politics of Target Rifle so wouldn't have a bloody clue. Is the NRAA web site out of date, or were you referring to some other body that Bob was President of ? I am personally quite disgusted by the lack of publicity given to our FCWC champions, and like Razer I am beginning to think that a truly National F Class Association might be a big part of the answer to our sports rightful expectations for some respect from the T/R world.....instead of just wishing that F Class would "go away", if they just ignore it for long enough, which appears to be the current situation.
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

RMc

#12 Postby RMc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm

It seems to me that the NRAA is not as much as fault as most who have replied would like us to believe.
As Alan said no picture was submitted, the fact that the F class team won is on the cover, Jim Bailey did not make the cover but he is not protesting.
And when I read my copy of the ATR there is ten pages devoted to the Championships.
All I see is alot of people who would like to stir up the water, for what reason I do not know.

Matt P

#13 Postby Matt P » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:31 pm

RMc wrote:It seems to me that the NRAA is not as much as fault as most who have replied would like us to believe.
As Alan said no picture was submitted, the fact that the F class team won is on the cover, Jim Bailey did not make the cover but he is not protesting.
And when I read my copy of the ATR there is ten pages devoted to the Championships.
All I see is alot of people who would like to stir up the water, for what reason I do not know.

I'm not "stirring up the water" and stand by my comments, I don't think it's too much for the Chairman of the NRAA of whom we all belong, be it TR, F Class to make a small congratulations to a successful NRAA team !!!!
Matt P

Cameron Mc

#14 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:33 pm

RMc wrote:It seems to me that the NRAA is not as much as fault as most who have replied would like us to believe.

I don't see it as stirring the water at all RMc. I shot TR for 25+ years, I know that side too. If TR won a World Champ I am sure ATR would not be waiting for a photo to be submitted. ATR is our official medium. Surely a duty to seek and report noteworthy achievements.
Like Alan said "I'm not going to get too concerned about the NRAA's lack of enthusiasm. :) :)

Cam McEwan

DaveMc

Re: ATR

#15 Postby DaveMc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Matt P wrote:being the first NRAA team to win a World Championship in a LONG time (1988 Palma ??? could be wrong).

Do we consider the vets team in 2011 as a NRAA team?? I thought they deserved more accolades at the time too.

Return to “General Forum”