Grading a TR shooter competing in F-std

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

RJNEILSEN

Grading a TR shooter competing in F-std

#1 Postby RJNEILSEN » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:19 am

I know a guy who currently shoots A-grade TR who is considering competing in F-std at the QRA queens this year. Would he be required to enter F-STD as an A-grade shooter or would he be accepted into b-grade? He has not shot in any competitive f-class shoots yet.

Cheers,
Ryan.

bsouthernau

#2 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:01 am

SSRs 12.9.2 In cases of competitors without scores or insufficient scores then the State or Territory Association shall decide the grading on an assessment of the competitors ability and using as many scores as are available.

Barry

shooter mcreid

#3 Postby shooter mcreid » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:05 am

Rifle Clubs may have F Class competitors who do not enter in in Open Competitions. In order to grade these competitors, the last eight daily aggregates at club competitions should be used to calculate averages in the same way as scores in Open Competitions are being used in these rules.

Officials should be aware that averages obtained by only shooting in Club Competitions could be misleading. If all the Club Competitors were at a B Grade level when compared to more widely spread Open Competitions, they could be graded A if they were the consistent top performers within their own club.

INSUFFICIENT PERFORMANCES
Where a competitor does not have eight scores the State Association shall use as many scores as available.
In cases of competitors without scores or insufficient scores then the State Association shall decide the grading on an assessment of the competitor’s ability and using as many scores as are available.

shooter mcreid

#4 Postby shooter mcreid » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:07 am

You just beat me too it Barry

johnk

#5 Postby johnk » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Ryan,

If a shooter only has club shoots available, I'm prepared to assess the shooter on the basis of those shoots compared with the comparable club shoots of clubmates with a formal grading. It ain't perfect but it has an element of cred to it.

John Kielly
QRA F Standard Grading Officer

RJNEILSEN

#6 Postby RJNEILSEN » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks guys.

John I will chat to you next time I see you at Belmont.

Cheers.

John E

#7 Postby John E » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Haven't had a look at SSRs, but since the inception of FSTD grading in Victoria, if an A Grade TR shooter shoots in FSTD, he is FSTD A grade until such time as he has sufficient scores to be officially graded.

John

Return to “General Forum”