Need help!

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

seb

Need help!

#1 Postby seb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:36 am

I decided to attend the Qld Queens in Bris next August.
For the time being am seeking for accommodation -- can someones recommend me a hotel near(est) to the range, please?
My concern is transportation from the range back to the hotel.
I should be able to find a taxy/cab from hotel to the range in the morning - but not sure from the range to the hotel?
I don't have the gut to hire/rent a car, honestly. I don't drive when visiting overseas, also don't have an international driving license.

It would be great if I could find a fellow shooter outside Brisbane that shoots the QRA Queens & stays in the same hotel - I will share 50/50 for the car rent & gasoline cost. (But you drive, thanks!)
It would be great also if you can help me to reserve one room for me (& wife) during the match.
If this is the case, please let me know how to pay/send payment thanks!

Plan to arrive on August 9th or 10th and back home on 17th or 18th - for the Duncan & Queens series.

Thank you in advance,
seb.

Quick

#2 Postby Quick » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:45 am

Seb, there accommodation at the range. Call the QRA office and see if they have any left. You could get lucky!!!
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

ShaneG

#3 Postby ShaneG » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:28 am

I asked about range accom during the National Queens - all gone ages ago. But still won't hurt to ask again as tehre can be cancellations at any time. There was a wait list a month ago though.
I am considering hiring a caravan to be dropped off at the range for the week.
However the contact I have doesn't do full packages - still need linen; cutlery etc. but will save all the travel to and fro to the range.
The range has lunches and maybe evening meals available but not big choice or quality.
There are no really close hotels unfortunately and cabs will be fairly expensive. there will be hotel vacancies. Carindale Hotel may be the closest?
We usually stay in a rented house but because it is also the Brisbane Show week and holiday on the 13th August so there is high demand.

Tim N

#4 Postby Tim N » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:26 am

You can always rough it and camp there.
I did that in Tassie, just purchased the essentials when I arrived and gave them away at the end of the shoot.
That way you are on the range so no travelling.
I did hire a car though, you will need some way of getting your gear to the mound.
I can transport your gear but I will only be there for the queens.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

ShaneG

#5 Postby ShaneG » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Camping out for a week in August may not be that comfortable.
Especially as Seb mentions his wife as well?
I am sure if you find accommodation at the range any number of us on the same target or nearby target can help with gear transport to the mound and back?

aaronraad

Re: Need help!

#6 Postby aaronraad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:57 pm

seb wrote:
Plan to arrive on August 9th or 10th and back home on 17th or 18th - for the Duncan & Queens series.

Thank you in advance,
seb.

See PM I sent today.
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Tim N

#7 Postby Tim N » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:58 pm

One plus if the camping trip is not the best is you may get to go on your own next time :)
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

RDavies

#8 Postby RDavies » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:42 pm

It might not be much help to Seb, but here are some details of places I stay at close to the range.

http://www.sleemansports.com.au/The-Ven ... ation.aspx
Chandler Cabins is the competitor housing at Sleeman sports complex. It is about 2 minutes drive to the range and 4 minutes back. The rooms are 3 single beds with ensuite, around a common room with TV, fridge, breakfast and coffee facilities for about $70 a night.

http://www.gatewaylifestyle.com.au/park ... detingalpa

This caravan park has cabins with a double bed and bunks, around 5 minutes drive to the range.

Does anyone have contact details for the caravan hire places which can deliver vans to the range? This might be a better option for Seb.

jasmay

#9 Postby jasmay » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Rod, you coming? I hear your getting good with convincing your better half :lol:

RDavies

#10 Postby RDavies » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:59 pm

jasmay wrote:Rod, you coming? I hear your getting good with convincing your better half :lol:

I had planned to but am now designated driver at home for 3 months. :(

Jason, do you know who the van hire people are in your area for Seb to hire a van?

seb

#11 Postby seb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Let me express my Thanks for the kind responses, gentlemen!
Seems that Chandler cabin is a good option, I'll contact them soon.
Happy,
seb.

PS: Aaron PM replied. My thanks for the generous offer!

aaronraad

#12 Postby aaronraad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm

seb wrote:Let me express my Thanks for the kind responses, gentlemen!
Seems that Chandler cabin is a good option, I'll contact them soon.
Happy,
seb.

PS: Aaron PM replied. My thanks for the generous offer!

Your welcome!
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

ecomeat

#13 Postby ecomeat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:32 am

G'day Seb.
With a broken leg, I won't be able to shoot at the QRA Queens. However, I might be able to save you some expensive "Excess Luggage" charges.
Would you like the loan of a SEB Neo rest, with one piece bag and F Class feet, as well as a SEB Bigfoot rear bag ?
The "cost" would be just some of your time at the end of one day of the Queens, to conduct a little "Seb Workshop" to demonstrate to anyone interested how to properly service a Neo/Max/Series 1 to ensure long and satisfactory life. Your rests are truly a work of art, but our Queensland climate means lots of dust and high heat are a normal part of everyday life. There has to be a right way and a wrong way to maintain a Neo, so I was hoping that you might be able to show the number of us that have already bought one, the correct way!
I realize that you have probably already got front and rear rests here in Australia somewhere, ready for your next visit, but the offer of borrowing mine is genuine, as is the request for a brief "workshop" to show us how we should be maintaining our SEBs
Tony Berry
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

jasmay

#14 Postby jasmay » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:41 am

Hey Tony, Seb is joining the dark side and shooting FTR...

But I am sure he would be happy to help with schooling a few of you open boys on your requested info. He might even give you a few shooting tips :wink:

Tim L

#15 Postby Tim L » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:46 am

ecomeat wrote:G'day Seb.
With a broken leg, I won't be able to shoot at the QRA Queens. However, I might be able to save you some expensive "Excess Luggage" charges.
Would you like the loan of a SEB Neo rest, with one piece bag and F Class feet, as well as a SEB Bigfoot rear bag ?
The "cost" would be just some of your time at the end of one day of the Queens, to conduct a little "Seb Workshop" to demonstrate to anyone interested how to properly service a Neo/Max/Series 1 to ensure long and satisfactory life. Your rests are truly a work of art, but our Queensland climate means lots of dust and high heat are a normal part of everyday life. There has to be a right way and a wrong way to maintain a Neo, so I was hoping that you might be able to show the number of us that have already bought one, the correct way!
I realize that you have probably already got front and rear rests here in Australia somewhere, ready for your next visit, but the offer of borrowing mine is genuine, as is the request for a brief "workshop" to show us how we should be maintaining our SEBs
Tony Berry

What an outstanding idea.
:D

Return to “General Forum”