NRAA RESULTS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

NRAA RESULTS

#1 Postby Chopper » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:22 pm

Does anyone know why there are no results posted ????

Chopper

#2 Postby Chopper » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Alan not directed at you ,Chop.

agro

NRAA RESULTS

#3 Postby agro » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey Chop,
I think it is obvious they are not tracking it.
So much for the interest in it by our governing body.

KHGS

N.R.A.A. Results.

#4 Postby KHGS » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:07 am

I undestand that the webmaster is in hospital with salmonella poisoning & quite unwell. Always a good idea to be sure of your facts before you state the "obvious". However a backup plan would have been a good idea.
Keith H.

balcom

Re: NRAA RESULTS

#5 Postby balcom » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:24 pm

agro wrote:Hey Chop,
I think it is obvious they are not tracking it.
So much for the interest in it by our governing body.

Agro
With only two in the office from 07.30am until around 7pm and the webmaster in hospital perhaps you could volunteer next year.
Please check the facts before fhrowing S..t because sometimes it sticks to the thrower.
PeterH

Lynn Otto

#6 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Fair enough comment Peter but did they ask for help or put up a simple notice saying they were having difficulties. From the outside it did look like lack of interest on the part of the NRAA. For many of us unable to attend these events the results being posted is our only link to what is happening.

So yes, having had food poisoning I sincerely sympathise with the person in question but there is also room for understanding the frustration of people trying to get results.

Lynn

agro

NRAA RESULTS

#7 Postby agro » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Sorry t hear about the webmaster but an organisations functions do not and should not be effected by the absence of one of it's personal. What contingency plans are there in place to cover the absence of personal? From this side of the fence it can be seen that the management group haven't planned for these types of shortfalls. Is this poor foresight or management? Well the proof is in the performance outcome demonstrated. Lyn observed it correctly that all this could have been averted if someone had put up their hand.
At the end of the day it boils down to accountability to ALL the members.

Thankyou

balcom

#8 Postby balcom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:31 am

[quote="agro"]Sorry t hear about the webmaster but an organisations functions do not and should not be effected by the absence of one of it's personal. What contingency plans are there in place to cover the absence of personal? From this side of the fence it can be seen that the management group haven't planned for these types of shortfalls. Is this poor foresight or management? Well the proof is in the performance outcome demonstrated. Lyn observed it correctly that all this could have been averted if someone had put up their hand.
At the end of the day it boils down to accountability to ALL the members.

Thankyou[/quote
Well agro & lynn,
The only answer I can give is that they hold the Qns at some other time as the webmaster was on his way home from Darwin Qns and we did not know where he was until the Qns started.
Another solution is to put up the entry fee's to pay for someone to sit in and be ready (in case of )or put up the membership fees either way it opens up an avenue for the button pushers.
PeterH

Lynn Otto

#9 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 am

balcom wrote:The only answer I can give is that they hold the Qns at some other time as the webmaster was on his way home from Darwin Qns and we did not know where he was until the Qns started.
Another solution is to put up the entry fee's to pay for someone to sit in and be ready (in case of )or put up the membership fees either way it opens up an avenue for the button pushers.
PeterH

I disagree Peter, firstly, if the person was in transit as opposed to an unexpected illness, then this is simply very bad organisation. Regardless of the reason for the absence I'm sure there would have been people more than happy to help out in the office for the duration of the Queens if they had asked for volunteers. SARA only has 2 people in the office as well but for the Queens there are many people who help in various capacities, including in the office.

Maybe the issue was more a case of no one else knowing how to upload the data to the results page. In which case it's time some lessons were given, no organisation should be dependant on just one person to cover any particular job, multi tasking in the work place is essential these days.

That said, this is now a past issue and not needing any further comment but one would hope that the NRAA would take something positive out of this experience and make sure it doesn't happen again.

balcom

#10 Postby balcom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:07 am

Lynn Otto wrote:
balcom wrote:The only answer I can give is that they hold the Qns at some other time as the webmaster was on his way home from Darwin Qns and we did not know where he was until the Qns started.
PeterH

I disagree Peter, firstly, if the person was in transit as opposed to an unexpected illness, then this is simply very bad organisation. Regardless of the reason for the absence I'm sure there would have been people more than happy to help out in the office for the duration of the Queens if they had asked for volunteers. SARA only has 2 people in the office as well but for the Queens there are many people who help in various capacities, including in the office.

Maybe the issue was more a case of no one else knowing how to upload the data to the results page. In which case it's time some lessons were given, no organisation should be dependant on just one person to cover any particular job, multi tasking in the work place is essential these days.

That said, this is now a past issue and not needing any further comment but one would hope that the NRAA would take something positive out of this experience and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Lynn
As always you try to get the last say, will wait for you to volunteer,
I can assure you no one from the QRA would help,
If you have a better solution please contact Catherine at the NRAA office, I'm sure she would be happy to hear from you, thats all folks.
PeterH

Lynn Otto

#11 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:59 pm

:lol: Peter the first part of your post really made me laugh, which is a good thing, hearty chuckles have been slim on the ground around here lately. Then I thought I really can't reply because I wouldn't want it to look like I did want to have the last say, so please someone else post after me, lol.

But seriously, I am saddened that they would have problems getting some one to help out, it shouldn't be like that. And yes if I were in the area I would have been more than happy to help since I'm currently not able to shoot.

Being on the organising side of events that have ranged from local to state to national and even international is something I have done for most of my life. It can be hard and often thankless work without which the event wouldn't happen so I make my comments with both understanding and sympathy. It wasn't until I started shooting that I have ever been on the competitor side of an event and all of those years of work were "volunteer".

Return to “Events”