Busselton Rifle Club F Class Prize Shoot

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Brad Y

#16 Postby Brad Y » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:50 am

Linda, I do agree the more long ranges the better but at this level a lot of people still want to shoot the shorts and if it's going to put bums on seats I can't argue with that. If it was more at Australian and international level then yes would probably exclude it.

Greg, you would be welcomed with open arms if you wished to come over for it. We live in a fantastic area here as you know and it would suit an extended stay.

On that note, if any interstate shooters liked the sound of this shoot and wanted to attend I would be more than willing to pass on info for accommodation and touristy things to do if they wanted a few extra days away in the Margaret River and Geographe Wine and Tourist regions.

saum2

#17 Postby saum2 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Just my 2 bobs worth that may get you more shooters.

A lot of shooters travel up the middle to at Alice Springs then Darwin in late May/June. Then, the calendar suggests that WA currently holds a few PM's in order along the way down the coast that if a shooter travelling down they could attend them all.
So, what if you timed it right, those travelling down could finish up at your PM. Your suggested format is fine, (3,5,6,7,8,9)over 2 days. Could you accomodate a few vans on range?
just an idea
Geoff

Brad Y

#18 Postby Brad Y » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Geoff

We have had to set it around both state and DRA shoots a bit. But yes we have camping facilities there, BBQ, hot showers etc.

John E

#19 Postby John E » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't think it's a good idea to exclude TR from a PM. If the boot was on the other foot and TR held a TR only PM, I can hear the howls of protest now.

John

Barry Davies

#20 Postby Barry Davies » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:50 am

Agree John. We have enough outside influences trying to fragment us without doing it internally.
As far as FC in WA is concerned there are not many of you now and you may well find next years Queens TR only??
I would suggest that if FC in WA want to go down this path you first discuss it with your association and get their blessing.

GregW

#21 Postby GregW » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:56 am

Brad,

Another thing that I got going in WA was a State Long Range Championship. This was supposed to alternate between Wurgabup and Coolilup. Is it still going? It was being shot at 7/8/900m or 8/9/1000yds depending on the range. This may be a good thing to tie in with. Given the ongoing controversy with Electronic targets, shooting long range "F" class on these would probably not be a good idea at this stage.

Greg W.

Brad Y

#22 Postby Brad Y » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:14 am

This isnt a pissing match between FC and TR. Dont make it into that. We have shoots here that FC haven't been made all that welcome to. And going on numbers I think we could get 30 FC shooters to this event just for FC. This is a step forward for FC in Western Australia and the country. Everyone talks about making history now so time to stop talking and show some grit and get it going. TR are welcome to come and can shoot if they want to, I never said we were here to create tension between two disciplines. I wont stoop to that level. But the queens has traditionally always been for TR shooters and while every FC shooter respects the allowance to shoot the queens, this is one shoot a year where the F class guys can get a bit of positive out of.

No more talk of FC vs TR please, start another thread if you want to.

Brad Y

#23 Postby Brad Y » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:15 am

Greg

No it wasnt run this year. And its been run at swanbourne again in the past, not at wurgabup or coolilup as was originally planned.

aaronraad

#24 Postby aaronraad » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:04 am

No different to not running Service Rifle or Match Rifle at the same event?

Busselton RC just so happen to be organising a shooting match which will be guided by the rules set out in the NRAA SSR's. If the event is sanctioned by the NRAA or WARA, that's great.

I wouldn't be opposed to them running the event under the ICFRA R&R's or dropping in a 500m Fly Target at 400m or 500m.

The event doesn't have to be a State, National anything and can actually be about the Busselton RC and the Cooliup rifle range. How many of us would shoot Coonabarrabran each year regardless of any State or National recognition?

The event should be about the people that turn up not those that don't. Open the invitation to TR shooters for sure, but just let them know which rules they will be shooting under for each range. What would a TR shooter have to lose? If they can hold 3/4MOA all day they won't even drop a shot. :wink:
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Southcape

#25 Postby Southcape » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 am

I have just moved to the area. Busselton will become my home range. Anyone interstate that wishes to fly in for this. I have a spare bed or two available at my place. It's just down the road from the range.

Brad, don't write the NRAA off for F Class traditions just yet. ;)

The last time I shot the LR Chamionships would have been two years ago.
Linda

Brad Y

#26 Postby Brad Y » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Just an update on this one.

We have been told by our DRA that we cannot hold a shoot until such time as they give permission. Very dissapointing. The DRA committee has some very set in their ways TR shooters which want procedures and policies followed before we can even think about dates and such. Its dissapointing that we have to sit and wait and discuss and refer and all that sort of thing in a situation where we have sponsors willing to help, people ready to run it and shooters wanting to attend.

Its a bit of a joke that a sport that needs innovation and as much help as possible to keep it going forwards and not backwards like it feels like, is continually ruled by politics that aren't needed. Thats they way the cookie crumbles apparently and if people dont change it for the better we might as well give up now. Will keep working hard at getting it going and hopefully continue posting updates on how it progresses.

Barry Davies

#27 Postby Barry Davies » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:58 pm

LIke I said Brad, discuss it with your association. Be prepared with a presentation that highlights what you propose is good for the sport, pointing out how you hope it will attract more people to FC shooting etc etc.
To just "do it " without the blessing of the Assoc is an invite for division within the ranks and a fore-runner to anarchy.

Bindi2

#28 Postby Bindi2 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:15 pm

I dont see what the DRA has to do with a club holding a shoot. They dont run the clubs, tell the DRA go jump it is a club matter.

Quick

#29 Postby Quick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:25 pm

I agree with Bindi, If the club wants to hold a shoot, then they should be able to.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

johnk

#30 Postby johnk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:22 pm

It's those bloody SSRs.

Some old fogeys in times past decided that it would be desirable that the DRAs adjudicate on conflicts between PMs in their region, the State association would negotiate conflicts between DRAs & the NRAA between state Queens & their team shoots, but heck, why should anybody give a shit about anybody else these days as long as they get their own way.

Return to “Events”