F CLASS STATE TEAMS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

#31 Postby Guest » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Alan, you didn't mention "shooting twice" but chopper did.
The 'silly " count out V is being seriously considered by the NRAA having been used successfully in WA and I believe SA. Apparently some consider it not so silly.
The VRA post says it all, now lets stop all this stupidity and as requested by the VRA come up some constructive suggestions in keeping with the seriousness and prestige that such an event demands.
My thoughts,
Separate events for both FS and FO. ie no composite teams.
Teams of 5 for each ( more if numbers demand ) but consideration has to be given to those states who do not have numbers.
Vic would have absolutely no problems fielding a 5 person FS AND a 5 person FO team.
Coached.
Appropriate Targets for FS and FO.
Ranges-- 5,6,7and 9 Deliberately left out 300 --destroys too many targets, also 1000 as not everyone has access to a 1000yd range to practice.
2 days of shooting comprising a "merrett " type match over 5,6,7and 9 and two " other" matches over 500 and 900 both 15 shot matches.
Enough from me let somebody else have a say.
Barry

Matt P

#32 Postby Matt P » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Paul
I agree with Barry, this isn't something we should just throw together just to get it going. If numbers are going to be a problem cut the size of the teams.This has to be seen as a serious thing otherwise it's just not worth doing and would do more harm than good.
I would prefer to see FS and FO as seperate matches on their own targets what ever they may be.

Matt P

agro

F CLASS STATE TEAMS

#33 Postby agro » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:06 pm

The question on "where" has been tentitivly answered but to ensure the ability to attend hasn't. When is the event expected to be run??

wayne

AlanF

#34 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:24 pm

If F-Open is left separate, I doubt that it will succeed because getting enough team members plus coach for some states will be too hard. Whereas a composite Team with only a couple of F-Open members will (a) mean that more States will participate in F-Open and (b) it will raise the standard of F-Open participation. If you look at State team members in TR, they are selected from the top few % of available shooters. A team of 4 F-Open would comprise ALL available shooters in some states.

I detect a little "we're alright, too bad about the F-Open shooters" coming from F-Standard here. A little charity towards F-Open would I'm sure be rewarded with better relations between us.

Alan

agro

F CLASS STATE TEAMS

#35 Postby agro » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:34 pm

Paul,
If the event is held at Bendigo, I beleive we should be able to field 2 teams of 4.

Wayne

Tom Lowndes

Teams

#36 Postby Tom Lowndes » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Wayne

I take it you are talking about 2x4 Man teams for FO.(in Bendigo)

If the event was to be held in the ACT,would those people still go to shoot FO?

agro

F CLASS STATE TEAMS

#37 Postby agro » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:27 pm

I don't know.
Would have to approach them about that one.

Wayne

Chopper

#38 Postby Chopper » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:55 pm

Matt i have taken this bloody serious for some time now, my suggestions were only to get things rolling as stupid as they appeared, like you said you have to get of youre arse and do something,well i have and it wasnt that hard,i havnt been able to say to much over the past untill it was dealt with by the VRA, and ime glad this was put forward by them,so maybe soon this will set a standard for the other states to follow,so thrash it out and come up with some suggestions,PAUL

#39 Postby Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:27 am

Alan,
I take exception to the " I'm all right Jack " swipe at FS shooters.
Let me put some names to active FO shooters in Vic--
A Fraser, C Dolman, R Dolman, G Hunt, R Mahon, S Quaintmere, P McCarthy, V McCarthy, W Siegloff, W McFarlane, P Read, G Wells,
K Melgaard, T Holinger,--That's 14, and you might be able to entice Nick Simms out of retirement.There are a couple of " fly by nighters" around also, and there may be some others I don't know about.
Now I was present at a teams match not so long ago where most of these shooters were present, and they acquitted themselves admirably.
If a team of 5 or 4 cannot be raised out of these names then I would have to say either they are not interested or somebody is not trying.
Now, if you want some FS shooters to" make up " an FO team then I am sure I could arrange, that providing you were willing to go with their " inferior " equipment.
FO has the numbers and FS has the numbers--les's see if they are interested.
Barry

AlanF

#40 Postby AlanF » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:21 am

Barry,

I agree that Vic would currently have no problem with a team, particularly at Bendigo, but this proposal is not for the sole benefit of Victoria. It needs to take into account numbers in all States. I can think of several that would struggle to field a competitive team, but would be more likely to participate if they needed only 2 or 3. If this idea starts to get a Vic-centric bias about it we might find ourselves to be the only ones who turn up. It is great that the VRA has taken a leading role, and has agreed to provide the initial venue, but surely the format needs to be decided in the best interests of all States.

Alan

Chopper

#41 Postby Chopper » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:46 am

Aan Barry ,i could field a team of four from my club for open ,and as you say Barry there are some unknowns around, it would be good to hear from other states,Matt what about NSW , Lyn and Trev what about SA,?? Paul.

Lynn Otto

#42 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:50 am

Paul

At this point in time I don't know what we personally will be doing at that time, we'd like to get to Bendigo but the timing is not good for us.

You could probably get a better idea of what the other FO guys here are likely to do from Richard Braund, as he sees more of them on a regular basis.

Hope something can be sorted out, I think it's an excellant idea.

Alan, I agree that fielding a team from states that have to travel when many have work committments is going to be difficult, not all of us are retired with time on our hands.

Lynn Otto

#43 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:59 am

Where is the National Teams comp in 2009? Is this likely to run at the same time as the National Teams or is this likely to be an entirely separate event? And is this something that should be taken into consideration?

AlanF

#44 Postby AlanF » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Lynn,

The naming is a bit confusing - the State Teams event IS national, made up of teams from each state - just as the FCWC will be an international event made up of national teams.

Alan

Lynn Otto

#45 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Yes I realise that Alan but is it intended that the F Class teams event we are discussing will be at the same time and venue as the fullbore Teams event. This is why I asked where the National Teams event is scheduled for in 2009. Our focus at the moment is on Michael shooting in the U25 State team and if F Class had teams events at the same time / venue then we would by default have half a 4 man FO team on the ground so to speak. Assuming our state wanted Trev and myself on an FO team, there may be better shooters prepared to make up the team.

Return to “Events”