Vic Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

DannyS

#46 Postby DannyS » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:22 am

Alan, very light winds, almost none at times , but there was always something there, changing in direction and strength but sometimes very hard to see, for some of us anyway. The mirage didn't appear very reliable either, would disappear just when you wanted it.

Quite a few people scratching their heads at times. Spencer Dunstall was left wondering after a 4 appeared on his target. As usual there were the odd cross fires, I won't mention your name Mark.

With the shear number of entries, the days were long, but everything went smoothly. Great job done by range officers, markers, butts officer etcetera .

Cheers
Danny

IanP

#47 Postby IanP » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:37 am

Wow, what a rifle range and what a really well run event!!!!!

I have never shot at Bendigo before and have never experienced such calm weather for the period of the entire shoot.

The mounds were fantastic with synthetic tennis lawn tops and level grades I thought I had died and gone to shooting heaven. Friendly RO's and shooters really made the experience enjoyable.

We had 3 juniors competing in FO and the 3 of them stayed within a couple of points of each other for the entire contest. Liam, (13 yo) Michael (15 yo) and Dale (20 yo). The three of them also stayed in the top 60% of the FO field, well done done guys!

I got to Bendigo a day early and will stay on for a while its such a great place to explore. Loved the contest, loved the people, loved the town and we will be coming back next year.

Congrats to the winners and F-Class in general is looking very good.

Just dont ask me about the last round at 1000 yards :(

Ian

saum2

#48 Postby saum2 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Great week of shooting at Bendigo, very well run event.
Thank you to everyone who gave me advice with my equipment prior to the event (you know who you are) and Mark during the Lead up. It worked.
thanks
Geoff

GrahamW

#49 Postby GrahamW » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:56 pm

IanP wrote:Wow, what a rifle range and what a really well run event!!!!!

I have never shot at Bendigo before and have never experienced such calm weather for the period of the entire shoot.

The mounds were fantastic with synthetic tennis lawn tops and level grades I thought I had died and gone to shooting heaven. Friendly RO's and shooters really made the experience enjoyable.

Ian

Ditto... Couldn't agree more Ian.

My first time to Bendigo also, glad the conditions weren't the normal because even with the near perfect conditions it was still very difficult to read the subtle and frequent changes, particularly at the 1000yrds.

Congrats to all the winners, especially Jenny in FSA (what a great shoot) and to Matthew in TR (good to see some young blood winning a top event like this).

Also have to say that the new system for results seems to work great, VRA and NRAA sites had results posted as quickly as they were collected from the mounds, can't wait for this to be the norm with all events nationally.

Only been home for about 3 hours and can't wait to go back for next year.

Cheers,
8-)

Oh, and great to see a local government and council get behind and support target rifle shooters, my thumbs up for Vic. local government and Bendigo Council.
AND... you can find some pics on the Bendigo Advertiser website.

MCLE

#50 Postby MCLE » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:24 am

Well done VRA this is the first Queens that we have been to and had a blast. It run smoothly and was well organised.I wondered into the shop and couldn't believe howe hard the Dolmans were working hats off to them. We walked up and down the mounds and in Fopen there was all things Big and small and everything in-between.The little 6mm were holding there own.But some of us were cut up by wind that did dent seem to be there.But we will be back next year all good fun.
Michael H

Return to “Events”