F CLASS STATE TEAMS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

#61 Postby Chopper » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:17 pm

Is there any other interest from other states in regards to state teams???,i think the closing date for nominations in Victoria is the 1st of August, Chop.

Chopper

#62 Postby Chopper » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Thank you for youre PMs , i get the feeling you dont want to talk about the subject out in the open but please do so as others may wish to comment , we need the feed back , Thank you,Chop.

bainp

Re: State Teams

#63 Postby bainp » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:28 pm

AlanF wrote:
balcom wrote:...NSW assoc will not not support it at this time...

I suppose it doesn't necessarily require all State Associations to be involved. The main thing it needs is an available venue, and willing participants, from NSW or anywhere else. What benefits would State Association support for a team normally provide?

Alan

The benefit that it provides is that at the presentation function your team can collect their trophies proudly wearing your state team blazer. If you dont have the State Association support, you are there at the function like a shag on a rock with all the other teams proudly wearing their state Blazer and emblem with you and the rest of your team just turning up in "civies". This has happened to me at two National Match Rifle events, where all the other state teams turned up in their blazers but NSW team were not recognised by the NSWRA despite the members having followed the correct protocole when the team nominations were called.
Unfortunately as another forum member hinted at, most State Associations couldn't give two hoots about any other shooting discipline other than TR and give little thought or support to the "other" disciplines.

Phil

RAVEN

#64 Postby RAVEN » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Phil
this is not the case in South Australia if we put our proposals to the state council in the appropriate manner they are very supportive in any thing we wish to under take.

Chopper

#65 Postby Chopper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:37 pm

Very well said Phil, and yes i beleive SA is very supportive, VRA has been more than supportive with F class state team in more ways than one , i guess these guys can see the future of our movement, and yes it is a proud moment when you put on that blazer, Chop.

Razer

#66 Postby Razer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:43 pm

This year the NSWRA included a FS division in the City v Country team shoot [shot day after C of C and DRA teams shoot] Two teams of 5,coached,300,600,700 and 800mts.Country won :D Also won under 25's and Senior TR :D :D It was a great weekend and a positive step forward
for FS. NSWRA have stepped up to the plate in this event, =D> May it continue to expand.
Ray.

Chopper

#67 Postby Chopper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 pm

Good on ya Ray, good to hear, VRA are in their the forth year i think of fc standard dra teams shot on the same day as full bore, it has become a major event and i might add that there are almost as many shooters in f standard , i would go to say that fs shooters will soon out number fullbore ,and i beleive not to far away ,Chop, ps hows the NSWRA fc team looking ???.

bennf

NSW State Team

#68 Postby bennf » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:57 am

Hi all
Barb Moritz and I have been pestering the NSWRA delegates to put up a team. Unfortunately the next council meeting is not until November so we will be cutting it close.
I think there is a growing care factor within the NSWRA as we have some new councilors there who care about the growth of the sport, and we are working with them to get F Class going.
Lets wait and see at the next meeting to what happens with team nominations.
Even if we dont get a NSWRA recognized team I think we should put in a pseudo state team to try and prove to the NSWRA that we have the talent within our ranks to represent our state.

Quick question does the SA F Class Assoc have a rep on the SARA?
If not are you guys pushing for it?

Benn

Lynn Otto

Re: NSW State Team

#69 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:17 am

bennf wrote:Quick question does the SA F Class Assoc have a rep on the SARA?
If not are you guys pushing for it?

Benn

Hi Benn

SA has had an F Class rep on the Council for 3+ years now, the Association was only formed last October, so we have had good representation for quite some time. As Richard has said, we have a good rapport with SARA and they are very supportive. Essentially we have had representation from when we first asked for it.

Razer

#70 Postby Razer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi Chopper,there has been DRA FS teams shoot here for the last 2[?]years but not many DRA's can field a team at present.Sydney is not what you would class as central so it entails a long drag for an afternoon shoot.
Can't really say how NSW FS team is/would look,not every one is always
available at a specific time,otherwise there is a lot of depth.I can say that country is looking :D and city is :( , :wink: I dare say that next year we will need to have our brass well and truly polished.
Orange is the only club in Central West DRA with a FS club championship,but if the current trend continues we might be able to field a district team on our own 8) . Ray

AlanF

F-Open Teams

#71 Postby AlanF » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:26 pm

There is specific proposal for an F-Open Teams event in 2009 which I would appreciate some feedback on please. Basically, it is a Victoria vs. the rest of Australia, 5 member teams, coached, to be held concurrently with the F-Std and Ladies TR teams events 2 days before the leadup to the Vic Queens in March. It has been proposed as a good way of getting the thing started, knowing that it is unlikely that most states other than Vic could field 5 member teams in F-Open, particularly when 1000s of km of travel is involved. It would hopefully attract the interstate shooters coming for the Queens.

Alan

Chopper

#72 Postby Chopper » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Could those who nominated for VRA state team please contact me at aussieriflestocks@bigpond.com, i have a list sent to me from the VRA , a trial will take place on the 8th and 9th of november at Bendigo ,thank you Paul Read (captain) 0412578 303.

Chopper

#73 Postby Chopper » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:44 pm

I wonder how the other states are progressing ????????????????????????

Rowdy

#74 Postby Rowdy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Chopper wrote:Could those who nominated for VRA state team please contact me at aussieriflestocks@bigpond.com, i have a list sent to me from the VRA , a trial will take place on the 8th and 9th of november at Bendigo ,thank you Paul Read (captain) 0412578 303.

Hey Chop

i assume the Corryong 1000 shoot proposed for this weekend aint happening?

Chopper

#75 Postby Chopper » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Because of limited weekends for state team trials and practise i would think not, state team i would think be a priority, Corryong may have to be a later date,Chop.

Return to “Events”