Warracknabeal Rifle Club Prize Meeting 19/20-July 2008

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RCM

Warracknabeal Rifle Club Prize Meeting 19/20-July 2008

#1 Postby RCM » Thu May 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Greetings all.
Its on again, the date is set.
Our new club house and pit facilities will be operational.
We would like to see you.
As usual we offer Target Rifle classes, F standard A & B and we hope F Open as well.
However it would be nice if we could get some indication from all you FO people if you might be coming, to make it worthwhile having this in our program.
As usual we will have an excellent range of trophies and badges and of course our hospitality.
Please feel free to contact me direct with any inquiry's, my mobile number is 0408941183.
Cya.
Richard.

RCM

#2 Postby RCM » Sun May 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Greetings again.
I have read with interest comments made in this forum regarding FO.
If is worrying.
We will be having a meeting in two weeks at which our prize meeting format will be discussed.
Any comments before then would be appreciated in regard to FO.
I am hoping to attend Stawell this weekend and I will be taking an interest in the numbers attending in FO.
No doubt this may influence our decision.
We would like to cater for FO, but if it is not worth it?????.
"Hold it and they will come" we will see.
Please post any comments or contact myself.
Cya.
Richard.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Richard,

There is good chance that the Portland people may be there in numbers if it doesn't clash with any BR events. Unfortunately that is the case with Stawell. And the recent growth in F-Open has been mostly in the north-east and south-east of the state, in general about 5-6 hours drive from you. I would PM Daniel Bennett (Daniel) on these forums and see if the SSAA shooters might be interested in Warracknabeal - I believe they were there last year? If they are you will get a few NRAA F-Open shooters, but given the distance, probably just the very keen ones!

There is also a possibility that some SA shooters might come. You could PM Raven to ask the question.

Let us know how you go - if it looks like Portland will be there it might help to get some of us motivated.

Alan

Daniel

Warrack 08

#4 Postby Daniel » Mon May 12, 2008 5:12 pm

The weekend of July 19/20 is one where we don't have a club shoot, so there should be some of us there. At this stage, I expect to be there. Some cage rattling might take place in the next few weeks and we'll see what happens.

mick l

#5 Postby mick l » Tue May 13, 2008 12:53 am

Daniel,
Great to hear that you expect to be at our prise meeting :D :D
Have you been out on the tuna......or is it still take a ticket at the boat ramp
Alan what about you......do you have your hand up as one of the keen ones??? :shock: Would be good to see you up here
Paul you and your crew from "Chopper land"do you think you could find your way over here without a "navman" :D

mick
ps camping on range as well

teddywaddy

#6 Postby teddywaddy » Tue May 13, 2008 10:29 am

Hey Alan!!

Would you have said I was Keen to travel ALL the way to Rosedale???

NOW you might be able to mirror this gesture by shooting at my HOME club Warracknabeal!! :D

We all look forward to seeing you and everyone else there :wink:

Cheers,

Rhonda

#7 Postby Guest » Wed May 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Dont think Alan wants to talk to you Rhonda, Have you not learned?? Ask no questions.

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Wed May 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Sorry Rhonda,

I thought I'd replied but must have only hit the Preview and not the Submit.

Here is what I said :

I have committed to travelling to several shoots over the next few weeks, Canberra on May 28, Bendigo on June 7 and Brisbane :shock: on June 18, so will be stretching things to get to Warracknabeal. However, if you can persuade Mr Paul Chopper Read to attend, I will make the effort. How's that for a handpass? :D

Not sure who pushed your button Adam????

Alan

mick l

#9 Postby mick l » Thu May 15, 2008 1:49 am

Gday Alan or is that Adam :D :D :D

congrats on the new addition :D
say gday to Cassey for me.

So Adam will you be looking for a break around mid july??

mick

mick l

#10 Postby mick l » Thu May 15, 2008 1:57 am

Mr Frazer,
dont know about a handpass or are you looking for someone to hold your hand :shock: :shock:
We dont bite that much up here :D you know!!!

mick

#11 Postby Guest » Thu May 15, 2008 8:47 am

Thanks Mick

At this stage I plan to be there, and Casey will be back shooting too, she has missed her time on the mound but she will be able to get on her belly now without tipping over.

teddywaddy

#12 Postby teddywaddy » Thu May 15, 2008 11:57 am

Hi Alan,

i hope you have lots of safe travel!! Seems you will be busy shooting you lucky guy!!

Do you think If Chopper thought his old rifle would be back shooting might intice him :)................................... If ONLY I could pry it from Micks grubby hands........

mick l

#13 Postby mick l » Tue May 20, 2008 9:20 am

Adam,
Great to see that you and yours will be attending,does this mean that you are not scared of competing against some others with their "high priced rifles" :D :D :D

mick

#14 Postby Guest » Tue May 20, 2008 3:38 pm

No mate, theres some fancy looking stuff out there but we seem to manage with what we have. see you there.

mick l

#15 Postby mick l » Wed May 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Hey Adam,
We don't care what anybody uses to shoot with,as long as they are shooting and having fun.A smile is a big plus :D :D :D

The redeveloped pit area will make a big difference and the new club hut extension will make for a pleasant area to chew the fat...........so to speak

mick

Return to “Events”