ANAKIE EAST - NEXT SATURDAY - JULY 12

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

ANAKIE EAST - NEXT SATURDAY - JULY 12

#1 Postby AlanF » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:34 am

Next Saturday is the Geelong Handicap and my understanding is it will be all electronic, including F-Open on the current Open targets. I believe this will be the first use of the electronic Open targets in a competition anywhere, so if you want to be a part of a historic occasion, be there. Also, Anakie will be the full-bore shooting venue for the Australian Masters Games early next year, and both F-Classes will be included, so anyone interested in competing could use this as a valuable familiarisation session. The "nominate your own handicap" event might cause some to shoot to their handicaps, but I prefer to put the handicap out of mind, and just try to get a decent score. There's enough handicaps to overcome in shooting already.

So once again, lets support this innovative range with a strong F-Class turn out. See you there.

Alan

Woody_rod

#2 Postby Woody_rod » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:27 am

Alan,

Pretty sure they used electronic target for the FO last year (2007) at the Queens Prize in Perth. Nominate own handicap is a good idea.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Yes Rod, on checking the ATR, 4 shooters used the Open target in the leadup to the WA Queens last year. Open wasn't shot in the Queens and sadly doesn't seem to be on the program at all this year. However, I'm sure the electronic target can't be blamed for that...

So lets say the first use of the electronic target for F-Open on the side of Australia that shoots F-Open...

Alan :D

Return to “Events”