F-Open Blog from Vic Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

#16 Postby RDavies » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Big ups to those who did well and to all who competed. =D>
Still life in the old dog yet is there Alan :wink:
Someone better nobble Adam Davies with his 308, jeeze. :cry:
But then, if someone has a bipod named after him, you know he must be pretty good. :?:
Looks like Matt Roberts had a good lead in F/std A grade.
In TR A Grade, it looks like James Corbett is taking retirement lessons from Johnny Farnham

Matt P

#17 Postby Matt P » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Congrates to the winners, well Alan that's number 10 isn't it ????

Matt P

bruce moulds

#18 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:11 pm

the old master (rob) being beaten by his apprentice (matt), must have been a wonderful experience for them both.
of course it must have been great for alan, but to me adam's run with the 308 might be a precursor of a reappaisal of fopen rifle requirements. whether or not the 308 was the disadvantage common acceptance would have us believe he still shot well. bipod too.
i am sure everyone had their own personal successes and failures, and will go home as more developed human beings because of this.
best to all,
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Batman

#19 Postby Batman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Well done Matt and Rob 1st and 2nd great result for South Australia
Congratulation Alan coming from behind again
Well done to all other winners
and Rod 60.10 that would of been good to watch
see ya in Mackay

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Glad to see the results were up in good time again. One thing they don't show very well is trailing zeros on scores. If you have a look at Rod Mahon's 900 score this morning it says 60.1 - you need to add the trailing zero to that! That is easily the longest range for a 60.10 ever at a Queens , and probably at any prize meeting. Magnificent shoot Rod =D>.

I agree Adam's performance was impressive. I told him he could do even better with a 7mm, but he's not planning to abandon the 308 any time soon (so we can all rest easy for a while). :D

The new artificial grass mounds, while generally not as well finished as the existing 1000yd one, are still very good. They've done ALL mounds, even the 400, so with the 700 and 800 back in use, it really does give the event some extra prestige.

Rod Davies wrote:...looks like James Corbett is taking retirement lessons from Johnny Farnham
:lol: Actually I spoke to James at the presentation, and he says he will continue to do an occasional Queens - and why not? it looks like he "runs well when fresh".

Matt P wrote:well Alan that's number 10 isn't it ????
That's right Matt. In terms of F-Open wins, I believe that equals your career total, so you'd better get your A into G and chalk up a few more yourself! :D

Alan

DaveMc

#21 Postby DaveMc » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 am

A big congrats to all mentioned above and Queens winners, Matt, John, Alan, James, Rod and Carolynn.

Also Rod Mahon - Wow! must have really locked on for that one. =D>

No doubt Alan you are running on fine form, well done again.

Return to “Events”