ROSEDALE MARCH 17 & 18 LOOKING GOOD

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

ROSEDALE MARCH 17 & 18 LOOKING GOOD

#1 Postby AlanF » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 am

Rosedale's main event of the year will be on Saturday week. We have a new badge maker this year, and they look great. At least the top 30% in each grade will get one.

Trophies will be good again e.g. Sunday daily agg winners will get a Dewey.

• Paid markers will include the best in the business, Ron and Ross Aldridge.
  • $13 spit roast dinner Saturday night.
  • $5 per night powered sites, hot showers.
  • One Shot Wonder 1000yds - free entry - great fun.
  • Still $25 per day.

We try to make this meeting better each year. The best way of improving it is by having plenty of shooters - hope to see you there.

More Info : http://ozfclass.com/rrr/prizemeeting2013.htm

Chopper

#2 Postby Chopper » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Nice Badges, well done, whats the flowers , local ? , Roses, Rosedale ? Chop.

ecomeat

Mexicans still sleeping ??

#3 Postby ecomeat » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 am

Righto,......... Come on......................surely you Mexicans have had enough sleep by now...............who done good ???
Was Tom Canty telling me truth yesterday when he reckoned that Rosedale is where God invented wind ?? :lol:
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Norm

#4 Postby Norm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 am

Well done Alan. Winner of F-Open by a huge amount.

I turned up for day two only and should have stayed in the duck swamp!

Alan had 3, 60's the day before on the board and followed it up with another 2, 60's at 800 and 900 yards.

I just watched the master at work and found out he was human at 1000 when he finnaly dropped a few points.

bartman007

OPM

#5 Postby bartman007 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:33 am

Well done Alan, fine effort!

Norm, I think you'll need to spend more time at Rosedale if you want a chance of getting close to Alan.

A slight home range advantage :-)

I heard that TR had a few upsets. What's that about B Grade and C Grade giving the A Graders a run for their money :-(

Well done to all.

AlanF

Re: OPM

#6 Postby AlanF » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Results are HERE

F-Class numbers weren't too bad by our normal standards, particularly F-Open. F/TR was disappointing. Unfortunately we have people in powerful positions who are resisting its introduction, but I don't believe they'll be able to suppress it for too much longer, and I for one will be supporting its continuance at Rosedale.

On Saturday I had my best day ever at an OPM with 60s at all ranges then a shot 1cm from the middle in the 1000yd One Shot novelty event. Its a bit like firing a first sighter, and that's all. Needless to say there's an ounce of luck involved, but I'll take it :lol: .

Sunday started off okay with 60s at 8 and 900, then reality struck at 1000 (didn't see a change in wind direction) which resulted in a couple of 4s :cry: .

bartman007 wrote:...A slight home range advantage :-)
Ahem... Now I may be biased but, I think Rosedale is a very "honest" range. It is very flat with no close trees. What makes it difficult on some (most?) days is that changes happen quite quickly. They can be changes in wind direction as well as speed. The key thing is to take that last look at the flags before you squeeze the trigger. The most similar range I've shot on is Lower Light.

Alan :)

John E

#7 Postby John E » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Alan

I hope you weren't taking a swipe at me with your F/Tr comment. The reason for your disappointment was that there was insufficient interest from the members to shoot in F/Tr, so there were only 2 entries.
I personally do not have any objection to F/Tr, and I don't believe that anyone is trying to suppress it, but if it is to be part of our shooting disciplines, it has to stand on it's own feet, and when enough people show an interest, it will do so. Keep encouraging it.

John

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:29 pm

John E wrote:Alan

I hope you weren't taking a swipe at me with your F/Tr comment. The reason for your disappointment was that there was insufficient interest from the members to shoot in F/Tr, so there were only 2 entries.
I personally do not have any objection to F/Tr, and I don't believe that anyone is trying to suppress it, but if it is to be part of our shooting disciplines, it has to stand on it's own feet, and when enough people show an interest, it will do so. Keep encouraging it.

John

John,

I was more referring to the NRA stance on F/TR. But I do sense that you would rather it didn't succeed. That's understandable as you've always been a very strong advocate of F-Standard, and to some extent, the two classes are competing for the same "market". One of the reasons I'm encouraging it is that its growing rapidly internationally, which means its not going to disappear any time soon. I'll continue to encourage F/TR locally because I can't see it failing in the longer term.

Alan

RAVEN

#9 Postby RAVEN » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Well shot Alan
Wayne put in a good effort also
Well do to Barry S and JThorpe trail blazers
Well done to Rosedale Club for their forward thinking.

In time FTR will grow and hopefully we can get more ppl involved with out taking to much from the FS ranks but then again there would be ppl I'm sure that aspire to represent their country one day and now they have the discipline that they can participate in to do that.

Southcape

#10 Postby Southcape » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:30 pm

FTR and F OPen will be quiet this year while the team gets their gear ready for the Worlds.

Both these disciplines are the future of the sport, as both are shot at international level.

F Std is only shot in Australia, which is fine for many, because they have no desire to compete at an international level.

Each to their own. The choice should be there for everyone. Those that aim to be the best in Australia, and those that aim to be best in the world should have equal support to achieve their full potential.
Linda

Barry Davies

#11 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 am

I thought it was a foregone conclusion that the NRAA was going to officially sanction F/TR -why has this not yet happened?
Until this happens F/TR will remain in limbo.
The advocates of F/TR should be making a concerted effort to get it into the rule book thereby establishing it as a recognized international discipline in Australia.
I fail to see why it has not yet taken off as there are heaps of F/TR compliant rifles out there.

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:23 am

Barry Davies wrote:I thought it was a foregone conclusion that the NRAA was going to officially sanction F/TR -why has this not yet happened?
Until this happens F/TR will remain in limbo.
The advocates of F/TR should be making a concerted effort to get it into the rule book thereby establishing it as a recognized international discipline in Australia.
I fail to see why it has not yet taken off as there are heaps of F/TR compliant rifles out there.

My information is that the NRAA, including Rules Director Bob Ped, are not inclined to encourage F/TR at present. If someone has heard something different, please enlighten us.

Alan

Barry Davies

#13 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 am

Maybe they think that if they recognize F/TR they might also have to recognize ICFRA for TR thereby opening the floodgates to any projectile, unlimited weight and light triggers --- would that be so bad anyway?
I wonder when the "right time " would be to encourage F/TR.

AlanF

#14 Postby AlanF » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 am

Barry Davies wrote:Maybe they think that if they recognize F/TR they might also have to recognize ICFRA for TR thereby opening the floodgates to any projectile, unlimited weight and light triggers --- would that be so bad anyway?
I wonder when the "right time " would be to encourage F/TR.

It was hoped that it would be in time to include it as a class in the National Queens in June. There will be an official practice for the FCWC F/TR and F-Open teams at that meeting, the last one prior to our departure for Raton. Including F/TR would be a fitting way for the NRAA to show its support for the team.

Alan

Barry Davies

#15 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 am

It seems to me that some people cannot get their heads around the fact that another discipline other than TR is representing Australia.

Return to “Events”