Tassie State Teams - All Sledging Here

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bartman007

#46 Postby bartman007 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:15 am

Dave, regrettably the under dog tag was taken long ago by QRA and so is formally unavailable for NQRA.......at least until you fix your web site so we can check on what you are really up to up there.
Actually it must be time for some honesty on here.
WHO ARE IN YOUR STATE AND TERRITORY TEAMS .?
To start the ball rolling, the Qld Team named so far is as follows
Andrew Pearce from North Arm as Captain/Coach
Jenni Hausler from Brisbane as Co Coach
Col Sutton from Goondiwindi will take time off his header and come down.
Tony Berry , (myself), a newbie amateur from Beaudesert who refuses to be coached.
Fark Mairbairn is another newbie who was going on holidays in Tassie so we picked him.
Dalby McCameron is an old retired farmer who took up F Class last year after shooting rabbits semi professionally in his youth. The older he gets the better he used to be.
Juliette McCameron is his old girlfriend and is only going with Dalby for the fishing so we picked her on the Team too.
Chris Bell from Brisbane will only be able to come if His father lets him borrow a barrel without leaving to much of a deposit.
So clearly you will be able to see that the under dog tag is at home on the QRA Team.
It would only seem fair if the other States advised the current members of their F Open Teams so that this is all above board.

Tony, I don't recognise any of those names. Are they on the NRAA members list? You better check, as they may not be eligible to shoot. You have 3 months to get them signed up and their VISA's stamped.

I think I saw some of their names on a list in the USA, are you now importing shooters for your team? A bit like SARA importing from the northern states :P

ecomeat

#47 Postby ecomeat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:04 am

I copied this over from the "Who is staying in Tassie" thread incase it slipped in as sledging under some definitions

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post

bartman007 wrote:

Tony, did you have some hot loads at Canberra. Is that why you needed the shoulder reconstruct? Those 6mm's can be devil-some on the recoil.
:P

Sharp Michael.....very sharp !! Although I am a bit of a girl with recoil, my old SA mate Bruce Moulds reckons its quite OK to "know my limits" and he still talks to me.
No it was actually done when I recently first saw the photo online from where Chop had just set a new Australian record and possibly even a world record shooting a 0.952" group at 500 metres during a fly shoot at Wagga.
Here I was at Canberra wondering just who the bloody hell this Paul Read was........being a complete newbie myself and not allowed out much, I had never heard of him. Pretty hard to miss the 3 x 60s straight up on day 1 of the Queens.
Someone allayed my fears by pointing out that he was only shooting a 6mm.
Bloody Hobbits !!
Saw the photo and story on Chop and crashed and wrecked my right shoulder as I threw the laptop out of a window.:oops: 0.165 moa at 550 yards!!

My worst fears would be arriving in Tassie to see you, Paul Read, Paul Deehan , Alan Fraser , Rod Mahon and Greg Hunt as the first 6 faces that I knew..................who else that I know, is likely to shoot for Mexico ? Norm Nelson ? Adam Davies ?
it would probably be equally bad to run into a team of smiling assassins from SA that included names like Braund, Pavy, Roberts, Moulds, another bloody Braund, Pohl and maybe even our Qld resident Mr Janzso
At least the red hot team (Bookies favourites ?) from NQRA can and will still be proudly claimed as Queenslanders, even if they do show some signs of tropical distress. In cattle we call it tropical degeneration but we couldn't apply that term to fellow F Open shooters !:shock:

bruce moulds

#48 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:12 pm

tony,
i'll still talk to you.
everyone else is going to saums and big 30s from the std 284.
just to be different I am going to the 6.5 super lr.
I know my limitations, and they don't include winning anymore, so I am just going to shoot a fun calibre at cheaper bullet and powder costs.
hope you are better by the next sara queens.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

MROFD

#49 Postby MROFD » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:50 pm

I stumbled across a picture online this week of the Victorian F-Class State Team at their recent practice day. Looks like they've been splurging out on new range wear for this years competition in Tassie.

bruce moulds

#50 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 pm

matt,
that is their winter uniform.
at the moment I am sure they are finding the summer mankini uniform more appropriate.
who knows what the Tassie weather will throw at you.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

ratshot

#51 Postby ratshot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:04 pm

Matt I think the selection process was very difficult but after many cups of tea and piklets a formal uniform was picked , the blue hair piece and check jacket got the nod as it went with VRA tie and anything orange had a SARA FO tag on it.

Return to “Events”