Central QLD championships?

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

DenisA

Central QLD championships?

#1 Postby DenisA » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Any news of day 1?

Wish I could have been there. Its a great looking shoot.

ecomeat

#2 Postby ecomeat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:37 pm

I rang the short, accurate retired builder from Brisbane RC, and his lovely, kind and patient wife could tell me that he put enough in the centre to win yesterday, but that he hadn't returned to the nest yet today. Four ranges today will be a big day, so I will phone in another couple of hours and try to get an update
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#3 Postby ecomeat » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:13 am

I got onto Kelvin Bell this morning, as he was busy tampering with his sons ammo.
Numbers at Raglan are apparently a bit disappointing, with Kelvin and sons Karl and Chris the only shooters in F Open.
Karl had a good day yesterday, only dropping 3 points over 4 ranges (1 x 58, 1 x 59, and 2 x 60's) with his brand new 284 Win built on a Panda F Class action, a lillja barrel and a McMillan stock.
Apparently a total of 42 shooters, with 12-15 in F Standard, 2 x C grade TR, 4 x B Grade TR , and the balance.....maybe 20-21.....in A Grade TR.
Yesterday's 4 ranges sees Karl Bell 7 points clear of his dad Kelvin, with Chris Bell just behind Kelvin in 3rd.
Kelvin was confident the order would change by the time today was over, which was perhaps an ominous sign that Karl and Chris should check their Ammo, scope mounts etc etc .... :D :D
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

DenisA

#4 Postby DenisA » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:43 am

Wow, thats terrible news regarding the entries. Being such a huge shoot, I thought it would have been really popular. I guess its a difficult weekend for a meeting.

What a great performance from Karl.

Thanks for the enquiries Tony.

Return to “Events”