QRA Queens..

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Re: QRA Queens..

#106 Postby ecomeat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Dave Mac still here, but not shooting and flying home tonite. Marty already gone.
Brutal weather change coming thru from the west, and a day earlier than forecast. BOM weather warnings etc. this front is coming fast with 70kph winds pushing it, HSC just issued an extreme alert for Brisbane :shock: :shock:
John Kielly has a strained neck from looking up for lightning.
Lots of 55s and lower scores , with 3 minute changes happening fast !! It's going to get very wet here, very quickly I think !!
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

williada

#107 Postby williada » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:56 pm

Tony is that true what happened to Rod? If so, Rod has been dudded. He should be awarded victory if he is counted out for first place based on x's. The scorers have been negligent and while some may say Rod should have checked their call, its impossible to know what they are writing down while you are shooting.

Its not uncommon with some TR shooters to call centre and write X when scoring for F class shooters. But in Rod's case, from what I understand, this evidently did not happen? It would leave a nasty taste in your mouth despite the character and resolve you have to wear to move forward and carry on. There are weeks of development work and the cost of getting to a major event down the drain because two people did not take enough care and it was not the shooter.

All the more reason why scorers should use telescopes while scoring and in fact should have some sanction against them for such a stuff up. Perhaps the squadding issue needs further examination, but you would think after the many years of mixed competition such an issue would not arise.

ecomeat

#108 Postby ecomeat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:58 pm

:-D 1-50pm, and a ceasefire just called.....storm is hitting , and men and women running everywhere trying to escape :|
Pete Smith an awesome 60-7 to be 180-19. Stormin Norman Nelson, our visiting Mexican a superb 60-3 and Lindsay Crombie from Brisbane Rifle Club a 60-5 are the only other cleans on the board so far
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

RDavies

#109 Postby RDavies » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:02 pm

williada wrote:Tony is that true what happened to Rod? If so, Rod has been dudded. He should be awarded victory if he is counted out for first place based on x's. The scorers have been negligent and while some may say Rod should have checked their call, its impossible to know what they are writing down while you are shooting.

Its not uncommon with some TR shooters to call centre and write X when scoring for F class shooters. But in Rod's case, from what I understand, this evidently did not happen? It would leave a nasty taste in your mouth despite the character and resolve you have to wear to move forward and carry on. There are weeks of development work and the cost of getting to a major event down the drain because two people did not take enough care and it was not the shooter.

All the more reason why scorers should use telescopes while scoring and in fact should have some sanction against them for such a stuff up. Perhaps the squadding issue needs further examination, but you would think after the many years of mixed competition such an issue would not arise.

I did not have many Xs so no problems

ecomeat

#110 Postby ecomeat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:15 pm

williada wrote:Tony is that true what happened to Rod? .

I don't think the man would know how to tell a porky, and that is what he told a couple of us, so I would be game to "take it to the bank", as the yanks say.
I wont stir the pot on it, as that's not my call and I would hope that there was some mechanism for him to register his concern with the Organisers.
Rod himself seemed fairly relaxed about it when he was telling the story, and certainly wasn't going to let it ruin his day, with two more ranges to shoot, a boot full of good barrels and
The storm is almost gone here. It was about 5 miles wide and 400 miles long , so whilst there is plenty of thunder and crackling going on, there is also a heap of clear blue sky to the West so we will hopefully be back into it in the next 15-20 mins. I will have a crack at pre-empting CRO Kielly, and predict a 2:30 start. We were 40-50% thru the first 600 when the ceasefire was called, so the rest of the day should fit in easily with a bit of luck.
Rod just posted, but will add this anyway.

bartman007

#111 Postby bartman007 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:21 pm

I'd firstly like to thank my team members for their stirling efforts. After the announcement of FTR being offered this year, we all had to go back to the drawing board to find enough talented shooters to fill our teams! I was fortunate to find 5 top shooters!

It was great having an ex TR State Team shooter to bounce ideas off, thanks Geoff for your honest feedback!

It was a tough couple of days, and a great display of shooting/coaching by NSW. It must be a challenge to shoot under Greg.W....you just take a shot then you're off again. I think they must have all had Jelly Beans for the sugar hit, so as to keep up with him :-). =D>

Thanks to those comments about my coaching, it was a very enjoyable experience. 300.33 at 300 yards and a 297.25 at 900 yards was super cool, that is what makes coaching enjoyable. If only we can get rid of that Spongey Grass, then the shots lost in vertical would not have played a part. I'm sure we all suffered from that on the range!

So the next big question, where are we off to next time? SA???
###

ecomeat

#112 Postby ecomeat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:49 pm

All over for the day, second 600 cancelled.
60's to Craig McGowan, Richard Braund, Lowell Tillack, Pete Smith, Lindsay Crombie and Norm Nelson
NRAA in th process of updating...I'm outa here !

RDavies

#113 Postby RDavies » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:33 pm

ecomeat wrote:
williada wrote:Tony is that true what happened to Rod? .

I don't think the man would know how to tell a porky, and that is what he told a couple of us, so I would be game to "take it to the bank", as the yanks say.
I wont stir the pot on it, as that's not my call and I would hope that there was some mechanism for him to register his concern with the Organisers.
Rod himself seemed fairly relaxed about it when he was telling the story, and certainly wasn't going to let it ruin his day, with two more ranges to shoot, a boot full of good barrels and .

I was a little relaxed about it as the scorers were learning and it was not the main event. I only learned what happened from some who were watching my scorers play around while I was shooting. Like you say I should have made sure the markers called the correct score (or any score) for each shot, so it is partly my fault. As luck would have it, I bought brand new electronic ear muff the afternoon before and could not get batteries to fit in them, so I could not hear what was said. The exact same thing happened to Norm who was shooting just before me and I saw him get a run of Xs which his did not get marked for so a word has been said to enlighten the scorers. Lesson learned, all shooters really should use electronic ear muffs as many scorers are too quiet to hear when we use plugs and muffs. As Norm pointed out, it was very hard to understand if they were calling six or X, so I wonder if Super should become the call, not X??

DaveMc

#114 Postby DaveMc » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Rule 4.1.3.4
Should be called "super x"

RDavies

#115 Postby RDavies » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:38 am

Today, for the last day of the lead up we will be squadded in our own divisions. TR A grade will be down first, then they will go through to the other divisions. As there are too many in F Open :shock: we will be spread across in 3 relays, with the top scorers from day 1 in relay 7, mid positions in relay 8 and others in relay 9.

Quick

#116 Postby Quick » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:11 am

Too many in FO. Its probably been a while since anyone heard that.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

ecomeat

#117 Postby ecomeat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:43 pm

Won't guarantee it, but pretty sure the Duncan final is
Pete Smith , down 4
Craig McGowan down 6 (26 X's)
Rod Davies, down 6 (15 X's)
Lowell Tillack, down 7
Phil Bonaventura down 8
Norm Nelson down 10 (18 X's)
John Peters down 10, (14 X's)
Matt Paroz down 11 (24 X's)
Keith Hills down 11 (22 X's)
Richard Braund down 11 (19 X's)
Bob Pedersen, down 11 (17 X's)
Stuart Braund down 11 (16 X's)
Geoff Krake down 11 (10 X's)
Cam McEwan down 12
Bevan Appleby down 12
Jenni Hausler down 12
Greg Warrian down 12
Joey Meldrum down 12
Denis McNamara down 13
Julie McEwan down 13
Tim Nugent down 13
Me.......down 14 ( exactly the same as NRAA Queens.....60-5 at 900 and smashed at 1000)
Dave Stewart down 14

Edited to add Krake...I missed him.
Last edited by ecomeat on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim N

#118 Postby Tim N » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Tony,
Thanks for including me on your list #-o
I always thought the flags were for decoration, turns out I should be watching them.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

ecomeat

#119 Postby ecomeat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:51 pm

My sincere apologies to Lowell Tillack, down just 7 and a superb effort with his new (first) 284 Win in 4th place, Bob Pedersen down 11, Greg Warrian down 12, and Julie McEwan down 13. Sorry folks I missed you with my totally manual scoring system. It was a great day on the range, with wind gusts and drop offs that were anything but boring . Many hearts were broken besides mine.
What a superb effort by Peter Smith, who hadn't dropped a point until the last range =D> =D> =D>

DannyS

#120 Postby DannyS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Great work with the updates Tony but don't forget to allow yourself some prep time, oh and some crying time.

Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Return to “Events”