sara queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

sara queens

#1 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:58 am

it appears that sara will include 900 mt in this year's queens.
a step forward for fclass shooters.
still no chair for fclass so rentacrowd still exists.
same costs but socially second class.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

AlanF

Re: sara queens

#2 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:37 am

bruce moulds wrote:...still no chair for fclass...

Bruce,
The chair thing has been done to death on this forum. As far as I'm aware, no F-Class winners are chaired anyway around Australia. And if you ask most F-Class shooters I think you'll find they don't care. I believe that as F-Class numbers grow, chairing will gradually diminish in importance.

The last badge I won at the SA Queens was about 5 years ago, and it clearly says "Queens Badge". Has that changed?

bruce moulds

#3 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 am

alan,
that is the dilemma they face.
it has been made official by management that queens is only tr, yet fclass badges have been as you describe.
all they nned to do is oficially recognize us as equals, and do so in actions to prove it.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

saum2

#4 Postby saum2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Bruce, I believe it's all about numbers in each class. If SARA look at the last 2 Queens shoots, by far the biggest class is FS. (last year the Teams boosted numbers) I have marched in a number of times with the TR chaired in. Doesn't bother me. If all class winners were chaired in there wouldn't be space for the crowd. Plus, I'm getting past carrying a heavy weight in a heavy wooden chair.
If the prize money is distributed by numbers in each class, what more can one ask.
Geoff

Gyro

#5 Postby Gyro » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:32 pm

FWIW similar gripes/winges/moans/complaints re the above are heard here too.

I don't want a chair ! I just want to shoot well and if l get on the podium then that's better still.

I have a lot of respect for anybody who does well in any class. Probably they deserve to be there ( "machine gunning on E Targets is another matter !! ) ........

As far as I'm concerned the TR guys face far more challenges than us F Class shooters, plus a LOT more history, so good on them doing the chair ritual.

Trevor Rhodes

#6 Postby Trevor Rhodes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:18 pm

So right Gyro I'm in the same thoughts as you.

Tim N

#7 Postby Tim N » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 am

...divided we fall...
We just have to come up with our own "traditions" and play well with our brothers in shooting. :)
My 10c
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

GSells

#8 Postby GSells » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:14 pm

I’m not a big fan of the chair thing ! But TR has been around for over a 100 yrs and has its traditions that is important for them . Good on them !

budget

#9 Postby budget » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:51 am

AT LAST some well thought out comments,thank you very much.
You can't please everyone thats blatantly obvious but i assure you we as an association try our hardest to listen to everyones view.
i certainly wouldn't be getting too excited about the numbers on either side although it pains me to even acknowledge the so call divide in disciplines.

Tim N

#10 Postby Tim N » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Alrighty then-
Not long to go now,
I’m a little out of practice and the Davies train is out of control- fresh from winning the Vic Queen’s.
There must be some way to “level” the playing field [-o<
Hopefully there will be a good turn up
Looking forward to a great event
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

RDavies

#11 Postby RDavies » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:33 pm

I have been trying to enter online but SARA website has been down. Their phone is not getting through either.
Any idea what is going on at the office?

tango223

#12 Postby tango223 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:25 pm

Due to technical issues sara website and sara online store are unable to load/ connect. The problem is been worked on.
Thank you

RDavies

#13 Postby RDavies » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:36 pm

I know some of the S.A shooters consider themselves to be god like figures, but now I think they might be actually controlling the weather. It seems there will be light winds leading up to the shoot, then it gets windy for the 5 days of competition then turns calm again the day after the Queens finishes. I think it is some sort of conspiracy against us from lesser gun pimping states.

Tim N

#14 Postby Tim N » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:01 pm

RDavies wrote:I have been trying to enter online but SARA website has been down. Their phone is not getting through either.

Seems the playing field has been “levelled “
Sorry Rod too late to enter 8)
Wind and some rain each day - still beats going to work

RDavies

#15 Postby RDavies » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Tim N wrote:
RDavies wrote:I have been trying to enter online but SARA website has been down. Their phone is not getting through either.

Seems the playing field has been “levelled “
Sorry Rod too late to enter 8)
Wind and some rain each day - still beats going to work

Oh well, it seems I will have to stay home then and keep myself busy by sledging all competitors online about why arent they shooting possibles.

Return to “Events”