Wanted - KROIL by Kano Labs

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Craig McGowan

#16 Postby Craig McGowan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:54 am

May I ask sir what you intend to do with this oil once here. Are the gates to the cattle crush stuck again?
:lol:

johnk

#17 Postby johnk » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:13 am

Craig,

They say that WD40 is good for arthritic joints & as Tony's just had that shoulder job ......

John

Fergus Bailey

#18 Postby Fergus Bailey » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 am

Good luck landing the Kroil. Let us know if it gets to you ok. I ordered some in the 1990s, but Australia Post confiscated at the port of entry it because the packaging is labeled as a flammable liquid. I guess it depends on whether they open the package or not before delivery.

Having said all that, when I finally got to try Kroil, I was very disappointed. I have not used it for cleaning barrels in a decade - there are plenty of great solvents available today, so I dont see the point in Kroil.

SuperV

#19 Postby SuperV » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:36 am

Tony maybe I should send you 300 308 cases and you can match prep them for me. At least that will keep you busy.

ecomeat

#20 Postby ecomeat » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 am

SuperV wrote:Tony maybe I should send you 300 308 cases and you can match prep them for me. At least that will keep you busy.

Ben,
Good to see you went home after Canberra Queens, and didn't dilly-dally at the "Embassy".
Mate the action required for neck turning, primer pockets etc is one of the worst bloody things that I can do !
That, and the stroking action required for cleaning, are the two that are an absolute No No for my specific rotator cuff repair where they re-attach the tendon to the bone
I will 'fess up here that I paid BRT to do my last 300 and their bloke did a wonderful job. He is a retired guy with a Benchrest background and really knows his stuff. I gave him my own K & M turning gear for the 284 because it was already set, but he re set it, because I was 0.0002 out when he measured it himself !!
On another matter, do you ever check your web site enquiries ? :D :D
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#21 Postby ecomeat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:57 pm

According to the email that I got from EBay, my plans are foiled

We're writing to let you know that your recent purchase of kano kroil 8 ounce penetrating oil through the Global Shipping Program couldn't be delivered to you because the parcel contained items that were found to be restricted for import to AU.

We'll be issuing a full refund to your PayPal account

Bugger ! :(
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

DMC

Kroil

#22 Postby DMC » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Bugger !

Give Penetrene a try - at least thats easy to get, but like Fergus mentioned, theres plenty of good/better options now

DMC

Return to “Equipment & Technical”