2010 USA discussion on 284 Win case

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

2010 USA discussion on 284 Win case

#1 Postby ecomeat » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 pm

The following link is to an old 2010 discussion on the 6mmbr /accurate shooter forums with a quite detailed discussion on the technical merits of the 284 Win case.
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index. ... =3751754.0

I have never seen it before, and found all 5 pages to be quite interesting, but as most would realise, i am a bit of a newbie. I apologise to those who had seen it, and for whom it holds nothing new. :roll: :roll:
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

AlanF

Re: 2010 USA discussion on 284 Win case

#2 Postby AlanF » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:13 pm

ecomeat wrote:...I apologise to those who had seen it, and for whom it holds nothing new. :roll: :roll:

I hadn't seen it - very interesting. You'll need to apologise to Cameron though :lol: .

williada

re 2010 discussion

#3 Postby williada » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:52 am

I have really enjoyed the ozfclass forum because of the insight many people bring to the discussions. Ecomeat , there is no need to apologise because our interpretation of what we think we knew can change because we can look at things again with new eyes. I enjoyed reading the link. I think learning to shoot is a lot quicker with an accurate rifle. Understanding what makes an accurate rifle is a precursor to developing the shooter because you learn to distinguish between your rifle's performance and your performance reading conditions and handling your equipment. This forum, thanks to Alan has expanded the natural curiousity of shooters who otherwise as it was in the past were denied so called trade secrets by many better performers. Perhaps they actually feared the shooting competition and believed they had an edge in dealing with conditions. The F class competitions have saved many clubs and broadened people's knowledge. All for the better.

Cameron Mc

#4 Postby Cameron Mc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:15 pm

AlanF wrote:
ecomeat wrote:...I apologise to those who had seen it, and for whom it holds nothing new. :roll: :roll:

I hadn't seen it - very interesting. You'll need to apologise to Cameron though :lol: .

That wasn't me Alan
:D

ecomeat

#5 Postby ecomeat » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Could our Webmaster possibly have been inferring that there is nothing EVER written on the 284 Win that you hadn't already read, Cam ? :shock: :shock:

Have you spoken to Marty this morning ? He has hopefully got plenty of home brew left over, as it seems the cyclone wasn't quite as bad as it could have been in their neck of the woods.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Cameron Mc wrote:
AlanF wrote:

That wasn't me Alan
:D

Sorry about that Cam - I thought it had to be you - Camac is from Australia. Perhaps I've been watching too many detective shows on TV. :D

Cameron Mc

#7 Postby Cameron Mc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:49 pm

That's alright Alan. You had every right to make the assumption :)

Brad Y

#8 Postby Brad Y » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:01 pm

So Tony, in light of that thread- are you doing a shehane version of your 284 soon :lol:

ecomeat

#9 Postby ecomeat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Brad...definitely not.
I am still learning to drive a straight 284 Win properly, and I just cant help thinking that if Marty Lobert can be officially the second best F Open shooter in the world with a straight 284, then I sure as hell don't need to be changing from mine, hoping that an "Upgraded" calibre will make up for my poor wind reading skills and sloppy trigger work. :) :)
I had better work a bit harder with the rifle that I have got, I think ! :D

A bit of gossip though.......Barry Lewis from Brisbane has apparently decided to re-chamber his 7SAUM into a Shehane, solely due to the bloody awful brass situation for the SAUM. With the restrictions looking likely for Canada and the 2017 FCWC, there might well be a whole lot of other guys doing the same thing.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”