Question on Labradar setup

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Question on Labradar setup

#1 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Labradars have been around for a while now so I'm wondering what has been found to be the best position to place them in relation to the muzzle. I read that you need to protect them from muzzle blast of "large calibres". Where do you normally position the radar in both forward/backward and lateral senses. Does anyone use a barrier between muzzle and radar for non-braked e.g. F-Std/F-Open rifles?

UL1700

Re: Question on Labradar setup

#2 Postby UL1700 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:39 pm

My 308 I basically have as close as possible, set to the minimum distance (6") and inline with the muzzle and never had a problem. I don't own anything bigger or braked so every is set the same way.

BRETT B

#3 Postby BRETT B » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Alan , I run mine 12 inches either side of the barrel and at least 4 inches behind the muzzle . I have seen a couple who have run them forward of the muzzle and quickly blew out the acoustic sensor !! They only now work on doplar setting.. If setup correctly there is no need to run them forward of the muzzle.
BRETT BUNYAN F CLASS OPEN SHOOTER W.A.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:45 pm

Thanks fellas. We'll err on the side of caution and keep it just backward the muzzle.

UL1700

#5 Postby UL1700 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:47 pm

BRETT B wrote:Alan , I run mine 12 inches either side of the barrel and at least 4 inches behind the muzzle . I have seen a couple who have run them forward of the muzzle and quickly blew out the acoustic sensor !! They only now work on doplar setting.. If setup correctly there is no need to run them forward of the muzzle.

Maybe I will pull mine back a bit :shock:

Return to “Equipment & Technical”