??? Trigger For Omark ???

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

littlebang556

??? Trigger For Omark ???

#1 Postby littlebang556 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:07 pm

Just wondering if anyone out there might know what triggers will fit in an omark action...i am currently using a single stage Davies and it works fine, so long as it is squeeky clean.

Regards

Rob A

John E

#2 Postby John E » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:03 pm

Mate,
if that's what necessary, then just keep it clean. The same would apply to any brand of trigger that is around.
Between my wife and myself, we have 6 rifles that have Davies triggers in them, and we have never had a problem with any of them, however, they have been properly maintained, with a dip in two stroke every now and again. If any maintenance is beyond your capabilities, you only need to contact the local manufacturer, and if necessary, you can send the trigger back to him on the Monday, and I'll bet that you have it back in time to shoot the next Saturday. What more could you want?
You clean your rifle regularly, don't you think the trigger needs the same treatment occasionally?
John

littlebang556

Trigger For Omark

#3 Postby littlebang556 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:50 am

Cheers for that John,

Do you know the best place to get a new Davies from and do I have other options or do no others fit?

Regards

Rob A

John E

#4 Postby John E » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:27 am

Rob,
    I don't know of any other after-market triggers for an Omark. You can simply contact Adam Davies, and he will send you the trigger, I'm sure.
    You can use this site to send him a private message. If that fails, I can PM you a contact phone number.
    John

littlebang556

Omark Trigger

#5 Postby littlebang556 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:42 am

Thanks heaps guys,

I have opted for another Davies for my new rifle.

It appears there may have been another option but at more than double the price and I just can't see how it could possible to be double the quality.

I would still be interested if someone does know what else fits for future reference.

Kindest Regards :D

Rob A

littlebang556

2 stage

#6 Postby littlebang556 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:51 pm

What about a good 2 stage trigger for an omark...what are my options????

Cheers

Rob Alman

Surgeon

#7 Postby Surgeon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Try fitting a Rem 700 style trigger

littlebang556

Rem 700 Trigger.

#8 Postby littlebang556 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Anyone have a good link to info on rem 700 trigger (and other rem 700 dimensions)...
    Are these adjustable to 2.2lbs (1kg) as will be the new ruling in Oz TR in 2010?
    Any other info

Cheers

Rob Alman

Surgeon

#9 Postby Surgeon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:44 am

Procal Trading supplies R700 Triggers
    David Kerr in WA

And yes they will work from .5Kg to 1.5Kg

Regards
    Fred Lawler

littlebang556

1kg R700

#10 Postby littlebang556 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:18 am

The main reason I ask is because 1kg (2.2lbs) will be new trigger weight but your response Surgeon answers requirements when weight is reduced further to 0.5kg (1.1lbs) as we endeavout to keep in line with international standards.

Regards

Rob Alman

Razer

#11 Postby Razer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Rob,if Peter at Procal supplies Rem triggers as "Surgeon" has posted, it might be a good idea to ask him re: bolt dimensions. He may even be able to supply you with a better quality firing pin and spring for an Omark and save you going via US. We have some gunsmiths in Oz who are just as innovative as their US counterparts. Some gunsmiths recommend a new firing pin spring every 2000 rounds regardless of action brand. If you can re-cock the Omark bolt by hand after 1500/2000 cycles you must either have powerful hands or you have a weak batch of springs! Why not try a Rem 700 spring? One question I would be asking myself is "is it cost effective to spend extra $s to try and improve lock-time on the Omark?" and "would it improve my scores?"
    Barnards have good lock-time but when I am shooting it I can't say that I really notice any difference to when I shoot my old target Mauser [which I believe has an ancient "Kiwi"match trigger and standard "98" bolt]
    Just my thoughts on it.
    Regarding Davies triggers, my old Omark has one as does the Angel my son shoots and they have never given any trouble. The Angel has fired way over 7000 rounds on same firing pin spring [last score,50-8 at 500yds]
    Ray.
    Last edited by Razer on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnk

#12 Postby johnk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Rob,

When I shot Omark TRs some years back now, I fitted them with Remington triggers, which required two modifications:

(1) Recutting the sear on the firing pin. The early sloped one needed cutting back .1" or thereabouts; I forget what reprofiling was needed with the later one.

(2) The Remington trigger sat lower to the action, so the depth of the sear on the firing pin needed building up.

When it was all done, the Remmy trigger was barely better than a worked over Omark one (particularly if the Omark trigger cage was made solid, not open-backed in a way that cut side slop). The trigger pull could barely be got to 1½kg as was, & needed the standard spring replaced with something less aggressive & with more compliance. I recall that we settled on sections of the Bic ciggy lighter springs of the day (the eighties - maybe early nineties) - dunno how the current crop might go.

For mine, I'd stick with the Davis.

John

Woody_rod

#13 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am

Rob,

Davies make a two stage trigger. I would stick to Davies, with an Omark and the old style firing system, you won't be gaining much by spending money on it.

To be honest, I would send the trigger back to get made over, if it is not working as you like. Nobody will know the trigger better than Adam.

littlebang556

Trigger

#14 Postby littlebang556 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:22 am

Nothing wrong with my Davies or my previous on for that matter...Just looking to see what my options are as I tried a 2 stage job recently and am interested to shoot with one for a few months to see if I can get used to it.

Apart from the Davies, there must be others that fit????

Cheers

Rob Alman

Return to “Equipment & Technical”