F Class What Scope Reticle?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Hangfire

#16 Postby Hangfire » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi Johnk, Thanks for your input in which you say....

Make sure that the reticule you choose is heavy enough so you can see it in all conditions....

Isn't this why N/F have illumination in their reticles? I have never shot through an illuminated reticle before so therefore pose the question.

I use a 4A reticle on one of my hunting sticks with fine crosshairs (5mm @ 100m) and love the clean view it offers. I am thinking of getting the NP2-DD as to me it looks like a more refined verison of the 4A.

RAVEN

#17 Postby RAVEN » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:10 pm

May I suggest Hangfire when next your at the range
Have a look through a few thats the best way to get an idea and help you make an informed choice.
RB :D

johnk

#18 Postby johnk » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:26 am

Hangfire wrote:Isn't this why N/F have illumination in their reticles?
Dakmned if I know. I have a NF, but I've never turned it on. I wonder if you could cause any retinal memory issues with one.

AlanF

#19 Postby AlanF » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:38 am

johnk wrote:...I wonder if you could cause any retinal memory issues with one.

You mean like like "burn-in" on the early CRT computer monitors? Imagine walking around with a permanent NP-R2 in front of you. Perhaps you could leave the scope at home :lol:.

johnk

#20 Postby johnk » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:02 am

No, burn in like when you concentrate at a bullseye too long & hard through a peep & end up with the image in memory on your retina & can't detect movement of the sight picture any more.

ned kelly

#21 Postby ned kelly » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:07 am

G'Day all,
the illuminated NF reticles are no good in daylight........or at least mine isn't. I thought they might help with the super v target to get contrast of the dot againt the black target. :(

They appear as a very muddy, very dull, poorly defined "red" with very little contrast, so much so that I turned it off and shot without it.

However, they are brilliant for spotlighting at night! :D

Cheerio Geoff

Hangfire

#22 Postby Hangfire » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Geoff. Glad to hear they work well under the light, I will be taking this gun out spotting just for those long shots on foxes which sit out around 300 and won't come any closer.

Good suggestion Raven, I couldn't make it to the range today. Leave pass denied, confined to barracks for domestic duties. Will get out there next week-end and check them out.

Cheers. Tim.

Eicharsto

#23 Postby Eicharsto » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I have just ordered a NF 12-42 in a CH2 reticle. I agonised for weeks on which one to go for...drove me mental!

Incidentally, the bleedin scopes seem to be rarer than Hens teeth! Two weeks delivery for the BR version, 3 months wait for the NSX version.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”