A-MAx

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

macguru

#31 Postby macguru » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:30 pm

You should just restrict the calibers in F std or whatever you want to call it, it is too restrictive limiting the projectiles to particular brands. 308,223,6br

anyways, no one would be using 308 or 223 all the time in f open regardless of the projectiles allowed, even though individuals can do amazing things with them under the right conditions

IMHO :)

John E

#32 Postby John E » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:32 am

Ned wrote:Macguru

I think you are right on track. I too believe it is time we choose our own projectiles for F/Std as long as they are 80.0gn for .223 and 155.0gn for .308.

JohnE

If I went and shot F/Open you would miss me. :lol: 8) :lol:

JohnK

I give .308 shooters enough leeway with out having to pay there entry fees to PM :lol: :lol:

Ned

O.k.
Maybe I would miss you :( :( :( If you try that hand under the butt trick we might have to banish you anyway :shock: :shock: :shock:
With all your whingeing about 223 projectiles, I note you won the MDRA Champ of Champs against a very good 308 last week. You started with a 60 at the first 2 ranges, and won convincingly. Why would you not use the same projectiles all the time? Why would you want to use anything else? Come to think of it, what projectiles were you using?

John

Ned

#33 Postby Ned » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:32 pm

JohnE

I was using Sierra 80.0gn projectiles, but I have done testing with other brand projectiles that work better in different barrels and the 80.gn Sierra wont group at all in some .223 barrels. That’s why we need a better selection of projectiles for .223, and you will find that most .223 shooters find the same thing, the .223 is a little more difficult to tune than a .308 in my own opinion.

Ned

justinp

#34 Postby justinp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:52 am

IanP wrote:F T/R use the following rule on ammo, nice and simple and plenty of choice. Sooner or later we will follow their lead, its just a matter of time!

F2.3. An F/TR Class rifle is limited to .223 Remington or .308 Winchester calibre chambers or
their commercial metrification equivalents. Chamber dimensions must conform to SAAMI
or CIP dimensions. Ammunition may be commercially made or hand-loaded as defined in
Rule F2.24. There is no restriction on bullet weight

Ned, for you and me both, the sooner the better.

IanP[/b]

Can't happen fast enough. We're completely out of step with every other country, who all happen to be shooting F/TR instead of F-Std..

Return to “Equipment & Technical”