A&D FX-120i Scales arrived!

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

DaveMc

#16 Postby DaveMc » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:23 pm

I have the older FX300 and it hasn't missed a beat in 20 years. Still holds great linearity and check weights show it is amazingly stable. Not the same load cell as in these units but I hope you get as much good service from them as I have mine. Very fast and very accurate loading with the omega trickler.

bsouthernau

#17 Postby bsouthernau » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 pm

aaronraad wrote: Best price for the FX-120i I found was from San Diego Scale Company (currently USD$599.98+shipping)

http://www.discountscales.com/andfxi-seriesbalances.htm

I made email contact with them and phoned in my CC details.

Did they supply a 240V model and if so was the plug correct for Australian power points? I recently(ish) purchased a tumbler from the US and although the voltage was correct the plug was wrong - fortunately I already had an appropriate adaptor.

Barry

IanP

#18 Postby IanP » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:49 am

bsouthernau wrote:
aaronraad wrote: Best price for the FX-120i I found was from San Diego Scale Company (currently USD$599.98+shipping)

Did they supply a 240V model and if so was the plug correct for Australian power points? I recently(ish) purchased a tumbler from the US and although the voltage was correct the plug was wrong - fortunately I already had an appropriate adaptor.

Barry

Barry, it comes with a dual voltage plug pack (100-240VAC 60/50Hz) but it has the USA pins. I just bought a cheap Dick Smith pin converter for local use.

Ian

aaronraad

#19 Postby aaronraad » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:29 pm

IanP wrote:
bsouthernau wrote:

Barry

Barry, it comes with a dual voltage plug pack (100-240VAC 60/50Hz) but it has the USA pins. I just bought a cheap Dick Smith pin converter for local use.

Ian

I was too excited and forgot to ask. It's surprising that they don't do a standard lead with contacts and supply a range of clip on plugs to suit the local pin design like a few other electronic manufacturers now do.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Return to “Equipment & Technical”