IBI Barrel

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

Forum rules
Please note the following :

Advertising of Firearms & Firearm Parts will no longer be permitted in the For Sale/Wanted to Buy Forum.
Please use the Firearms & Firearm Parts For Sale Sub-Forum.

Any Firearms or Firearm Parts advertised in this forum will be moved or deleted.

Please read the READ THIS FIRST! (Advertising Rules) for further details.
Walt

IBI Barrel

#1 Postby Walt » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:15 pm

Are there any opinions / views / first hand reports on IBI Barrels (Canadian Manufacturer). Most of the reviews I have read are getting a bit long in the tooth.

Bucket

Re: IBI Barrel

#2 Postby Bucket » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:23 pm

I have several, all spun up by LRP Solutions, all shoot very well for my style of shooting, keeping under 0.5MOA without much hassle.
Maybe not for an F-Class open Queens rifle??

MarkS

#3 Postby MarkS » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:55 pm

IBI barrels in general are ok. Many of our group have had them chambered and they can shoot with reasonable precision.
If your budget was really tight then maybe they are an option (but the sport is very expensive so that's not really a point is it).
A common observation is they are "slow". You lose a fair bit of MV with same load compared to a top tier barrel.
I've had four IBI's, got them crazy cheap on a group buy.
Believing that the barrel is more than likely the greatest factor in rifle performance, I wouldn't buy any more of them, except for say a hunting rig.
Anyone that says they are as good as a Bartlein, Kreiger, etc is kidding themselves and probably drives a Great Wall.

Do some costings - the extra $300-400 for a top brand barrel is a very small part of the overall cost per round sent.
And you can shoot and KNOW you are using the best possible equipment.
As usual, just my 2c
Going broke one primer at a time

Walt

#4 Postby Walt » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:56 pm

Thanks for the feed back.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”