Remington 700 308W - Sporter Class

This Forum is for advertising firearms and firearm parts.
You may include other items for sale additional to the firearm or part.

Moderator: Mod

Forum rules
Please note the following:

Advertising of Firearms and/or Firearm PARTS
Part 6 > Section 54 of the Firearms Act 1996 (NSW) deals with the advertising of Firearms and Firearm PARTS in NSW. After a detailed reading of this Section, I have decided to continue to allow the advertising of firearms. However, I have to insist on the following details being provided in the post:

The following is REQUIRED for Advertising of Firearms
1) The dealer's name and dealer licence number through whom the transfer will be arranged.
2) The firearms licence number of the seller.
3) The serial number of the firearm.

Advertising of Firearm PARTS
Where a part does not require a Dealer Transfer and/or does not have a serial number, items 1 and/or 3 can be removed.
All Firearm and Firearm Parts for sale must include item 2) The firearms licence number of the seller.

If the above 3 items are not included in the post where required, the advertisement will be deleted without warning.

The 3 required items will be pre-defined in the topic post, you simply need to add the details as required or delete non required items for parts only.

Dealers
Advertising of goods for sale in commercial quantities or as a firearms dealer is not permitted.

For further details please read Rules for Advertising Firearms & PARTS
Weairy

Remington 700 308W - Sporter Class

#1 Postby Weairy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:30 pm

Description:
Transferring Firearms Dealer Name & Licence #: Total Sport Seymour 40567800F

Seller Firearms Licence #: 704-052-01B
Firearm Serial #: RR41446H

Description:

For Sale

Remington 700 Stainless action
308W Varmint profile factory Remington 26” black barrel with Hardy tuneable brake - fired only 200 rounds
Brand new MDT Field Stock, hasn’t even done a range day yet, zeroed only.
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x MRAD scope with Nightforce Ultralight rings and Leupold 20MOA rail
Timney trigger w/ safety
Brand new Atlas clone bipod
Will throw in a Maddco 26” barrel, fired less than 300rounds, Cerakoted and fitted with TSE brake.

Perfect rifle for Sporter Class, qualifies for Production Class

Shoots 155.5 Bergers sub-MOA. Very comfortable rifle package, ready to compete right away.

Bargain at $2250
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.
I'm not Craig, if you want to contact him, email on c.weaire@bigpond.com

Malcolm Hill

Re: Remington 700 308W - Sporter Class

#2 Postby Malcolm Hill » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:22 am

A fine example of a rule stretching rifle that goes against the intent of sporter production class. Where can we purchase this same standard factory made and manufactured rifle. I'm having a little trouble locating it in the Remington catalogue ? Regards Malcolm.

Weairy

#3 Postby Weairy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:04 pm

Malcolm Hill wrote:A fine example of a rule stretching rifle that goes against the intent of sporter production class. Where can we purchase this same standard factory made and manufactured rifle. I'm having a little trouble locating it in the Remington catalogue ? Regards Malcolm.

You point to the rules specifically that this rifle violates, Malcolm.
You can’t, because it fits entirely within the rule book as written. I didn’t make the rules, I just follow them.
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.

Malcolm Hill

#4 Postby Malcolm Hill » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:08 pm

Hi Josh. I know some people would argue that it meets the rules but I find it against the spirit of production class. Tell me which Remington stainless 700 left the factory with a black barrel and maybe look at rule 23.3.1 which clearly states "Barrels must be factory fitted". Regards Malcolm.

Weairy

#5 Postby Weairy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:47 pm

Simple then Malcolm. Don’t buy it. Or buy it and shoot it in Open class. I could not care less.

Go argue in the Sporter Class forum, not my sale post. This is another classic example of why the sport can’t progress and move forward, because people like you want to fight about the tiniest of details on a topic that isn’t even relevant. It is a factory stamped Remington barrel fitted to a factory Remington action, because the old barrel was damaged beyond repair. A $3000 rifle I put together for a bit of fun and to help our club grow by giving new shooters something to play with. And now I want to move it on so another new shooter can get enjoyment out of it and this is what I cop?

If you want to be the bloke that kicks someone off the mound for shooting it in PC, that right there is a prime example of why this sport is dying and we’re struggling to both get and keep new members.
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.

Malcolm Hill

#6 Postby Malcolm Hill » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:12 pm

Hi Josh. I'm not arguing with you, just stating facts. Sporter production class should have been regulated as just that, factory production rifle, used as purchased with no modifications allowed to keep costs down and have everyone on even equipment levels. That way we are more likely to entice and retain new shooters in my opinion. There is always open class for those that want to tinker and change things and turn it into yet another money class. Regards Malcolm.

GrahamW

#7 Postby GrahamW » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:35 am

Malcolm,

As Josh stated, this is his For Sale thread and not the place to be arguing rules.

How would you feel if someone went to your Tract Toric scope ad and posted that it wasn't suitable for F Class or using it will put you over the weight limit. Doesn't matter whether it's fact or opinion, this is the FOR SALE forum and hi-jacking a thread to argue rules just isn't on.

Graham

Malcolm Hill wrote:Hi Josh. I'm not arguing with you, just stating facts. Sporter production class should have been regulated as just that, factory production rifle, used as purchased with no modifications allowed to keep costs down and have everyone on even equipment levels. That way we are more likely to entice and retain new shooters in my opinion. There is always open class for those that want to tinker and change things and turn it into yet another money class. Regards Malcolm.

BATattack

#8 Postby BATattack » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:35 pm

Does this rifle "qualify" or "identify" as a sporter standard rifle? ;-)

macguru

#9 Postby macguru » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:55 am

That rifle is a legit PC with its factory barrel. Good luck with your sale
id quod est

Return to “Firearms & Firearm Parts For Sale”