Narromine Dubbo Rifle Club

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

mike H

Re: Narromine Dubbo Rifle Club

#16 Postby mike H » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:46 am

It is probably time for keen shooter to come out in the open,name himself and the club,organisation he belongs to.
Mike Halloran.

Supercentre

#17 Postby Supercentre » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:18 am

mike H wrote:It is probably time for keen shooter to come out in the open,name himself and the club,organisation he belongs to.
Mike Halloran.

How do you know that keen shooter is male. Do you know him?

mike H

#18 Postby mike H » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:39 am

Supercentre wrote:
mike H wrote:It is probably time for keen shooter to come out in the open,name himself and the club,organisation he belongs to.
Mike Halloran.

How do you know that keen shooter is male. Do you know him?

No,No.

keen shooter

#19 Postby keen shooter » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:49 am

I see another scheduled rimfire shoots this weekend!!!!!!does anyone have a date for a centre fire shoot ? When will the renovations be completed? As I’m sure people are eager to shoot centre fire.

argh

#20 Postby argh » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:09 pm

keen shooter wrote:I see another scheduled rimfire shoots this weekend!!!!!!does anyone have a date for a centre fire shoot ? When will the renovations be completed? As I’m sure people are eager to shoot centre fire.

I agree, Keen Shooter, name yourself, or get off the forums. You need to understand that compliance and upgrades of firearms ranges all around the country has impacted on range operations. This is from local country ranges, to major state level ranges.

My own range several years ago had compliance issues raised by police inspector's and required a very large amount of work to become compliant, despite having operated for 70 plus years. It took our members numerous months of hard work every weekend to rebuild the butts, change alignment of mounds, etc. During this time we did not shoot full bore, but time permitting we did an occasional small bore shoot. All the active members turned up week in week out to do the hard yards so that the club could continue not just for themelves, but for club members into the future.

We did however have those few people that complained that we were not shooting, did not turn up to help our required upgrades, and appeared to only be in it for their own selfish interests, AND NOT considering the role of the club into the future and for other members.

You sir/madam seem to very much fit into this second category, winge a lot, but not bother to lift a finger to help.

I wish you well in life, and potential future competitive shooting. I know all the whingers that complained during our upgrades ended up being very much short stay shooters, and have not been seen on our range since. The real valuable members who bothered to help out, are all ongoing members of respect.

Put up, or shut up is the correct term i believe

Adrian

Supercentre

#21 Postby Supercentre » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:57 pm

argh wrote:
keen shooter wrote:I see another scheduled rimfire shoots this weekend!!!!!!does anyone have a date for a centre fire shoot ? When will the renovations be completed? As I’m sure people are eager to shoot centre fire.

I agree, Keen Shooter, name yourself, or get off the forums. You need to understand that compliance and upgrades of firearms ranges all around the country has impacted on range operations. This is from local country ranges, to major state level ranges.

My own range several years ago had compliance issues raised by police inspector's and required a very large amount of work to become compliant, despite having operated for 70 plus years. It took our members numerous months of hard work every weekend to rebuild the butts, change alignment of mounds, etc. During this time we did not shoot full bore, but time permitting we did an occasional small bore shoot. All the active members turned up week in week out to do the hard yards so that the club could continue not just for themelves, but for club members into the future.

We did however have those few people that complained that we were not shooting, did not turn up to help our required upgrades, and appeared to only be in it for their own selfish interests, AND NOT considering the role of the club into the future and for other members.

You sir/madam seem to very much fit into this second category, winge a lot, but not bother to lift a finger to help.

I wish you well in life, and potential future competitive shooting. I know all the whingers that complained during our upgrades ended up being very much short stay shooters, and have not been seen on our range since. The real valuable members who bothered to help out, are all ongoing members of respect.

Put up, or shut up is the correct term i believe

Adrian

What I can not understand is why no one from this club has come forward and given everyone an update on the upgrades? It would be in their best interest.

johnjohn

#22 Postby johnjohn » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:43 pm

adrian and others

what right do you have to demand that people identify themselves.

all members are entitled to ask questions,make statements and draw attention to issues they have an interest or concern with.

who cares if they wish to remain anonymous, as long as the correct forum protocol is followed in terms of ensuring posts are not litigious or abusive etc etc.

instead of shooting the messenger, make the effort to look at the obvious message that has become the centre of attention with this topic.

a simple statement or any form of communication from the club, explaining if rimfire events are permanent or temporary would be in the interest of all.

it is no wonder that local interest in the orana shooting complex is continuing to grow.

Martin

#23 Postby Martin » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:51 pm

Nothing like a good old fashioned country turf war. I see a quote online on the local MP's facebook page:
"I've made a commitment of $3 million to the Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia NSW for a new purpose built complex capable of hosting all approved target shooting disciplines at a regional, State and national level just outside Dubbo. It will provide the best quality facilities in regional NSW and will have a great economic benefit for the region."
Obviously the redevelopment of the existing Narromine Dubbo Rifle Club doesn't sit well with the proponents of the Orana Shooting Complex hence "keen Shooter" and his/her/their alter egos are unleashed upon we humble forum watchers.

keen shooter

#24 Postby keen shooter » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:36 pm

Why are people so defensive and asking me to say me name “it’s a turf war” etc .All I’m wanting to find out from is the date that will the club be shooting centre fire again !!!! Can anyone please give a date and explain why this has caused so much drama ? I’m sure the shooting community would rather hear the date than the name.

Matt P

#25 Postby Matt P » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:59 pm

keen shooter wrote:Why are people so defensive and asking me to say me name “it’s a turf war” etc .All I’m wanting to find out from is the date that will the club be shooting centre fire again !!!! Can anyone please give a date and explain why this has caused so much drama ? I’m sure the shooting community would rather hear the date than the name.

FFS ask the club !!!!
This forum, the NSWRA, the NRAA and the SSAA don't control the range or it's operations the club does !!!
If it's a range compliance issue once again NSWRA. NRAA and SSAA have no control over it. NSW Firearms Registry does, maybe ask them.

Supercentre

#26 Postby Supercentre » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:14 pm

Matt P wrote:
keen shooter wrote:Why are people so defensive and asking me to say me name “it’s a turf war” etc .All I’m wanting to find out from is the date that will the club be shooting centre fire again !!!! Can anyone please give a date and explain why this has caused so much drama ? I’m sure the shooting community would rather hear the date than the name.

FFS ask the club !!!!
This forum, the NSWRA, the NRAA and the SSAA don't control the range or it's operations the club does !!!
If it's a range compliance issue once again NSWRA. NRAA and SSAA have no control over it. NSW Firearms Registry does, maybe ask them.

Thanks heaps Matt. I will email NSW Firearms Registry :- :D

Azifucan

#27 Postby Azifucan » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:13 pm

If you are a member of Narromine dubbo rifle club , why don't you just ask the club your self , there is a website for the club that has contact information on there . I'm not sure as to why you would go to a public forum to ask.....unless you are just intentionally trying to start trouble or just a petty small minded, self centred person who would prefer to casue problems within the shooting community?

#28 Postby 6.5 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:50 pm

Maybe Keen shooter needs to spend more time shooting instead of asking questions that aren’t any of their business. Just saying

Supercentre

#29 Postby Supercentre » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:10 pm

Ok. We can finally put this topic to bed. Information provided from NSW Firearms Registry states that (CENTREFIRE RIFLES ARE NOT APPROVED FOR USAGE AT THE NARROMINE DUBBO RIFLE CLUB) This has nothing to do with Range Upgrades

keen shooter

#30 Postby keen shooter » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:08 pm

This could be why it was so hard to get answers for the next centre fire shoot !!! so absolutely nothing to do with redevelopments then ? Did they say why ?

Return to “General Forum”