Tuners

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Eric Vorkampff

Tuners

#1 Postby Eric Vorkampff » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:03 pm

Good Morning from Canada. I have come to this forum because I have heard that you have an excellnt discussion on tuners. I shoot .284 Shehane, Fclass open. I am looking for info on adjusting tuners with weather changes.

Thank you

Eric

Trevor Rhodes

Re: Tuners

#2 Postby Trevor Rhodes » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:10 pm

I do not touch my tuner once it is tuned, hot summer to cold winter.lf your rifle unturned try using a more tolerant powder.

KHGS

#3 Postby KHGS » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:28 pm

Eric Vorkampff wrote:Good Morning from Canada. I have come to this forum because I have heard that you have an excellnt discussion on tuners. I shoot .284 Shehane, Fclass open. I am looking for info on adjusting tuners with weather changes.

Thank you

Eric

Adjust out for cold temps and in for hot temps. Adjust out for vertical stringing and adjust in for horizontal stringing. How much you adjust depends on the stiffness of your barrel and the weight of the tuner. Small adjustments are the order of the day, there is a tendency to over adjust thus passing the sweet spot and defeating the purpose of adjusting.
Keith H.

Eric Vorkampff

#4 Postby Eric Vorkampff » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:48 am

Thank you very much

jcinsa

#5 Postby jcinsa » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:12 pm

Just wondering, what do you do if it’s cold and you have horizontal stringing ?

John
Argue with a fool, and all the casual observer will see is two fools arguing.

Brad Y

#6 Postby Brad Y » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:31 pm

Test it for yourself. It’s the name of the game knowing where your tuner needs to go when things go south. Sure you can listen to people’s experience like Keith had generously shared, but ain’t no harm in doing the testing so you trust your adjustments 100 percent. I’ve only ever had it happen once on a weird dead still morning and it was quite humid. Once the wind came in the gun hammered. This was a bit before people were playing with tuners, maybe a few just starting. If I had one on the gun it would have been a great exercise continuing the string and adjusting. Sometimes you have to take those opportunities.

Return to “General Forum”