Potential ban of lead core projectiles

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

Potential ban of lead core projectiles

#1 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Has anyone else read this item, it's a daily bulletin on Accurate Shooter.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... d-bullets/

This would affect us in a fairly big way, firstly with loss of supply of ammunition and probably more profoundly if and/or when our government follows suit. Cross your fingers that this doesn't get passed.

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Sounds like the result of lobbying by Barnes (lead free) Bullets :roll: .

Razer

#3 Postby Razer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:55 pm

I wonder what the military think about this, :roll: or even if the clowns that keep dreaming up these weird ideas, thought about that. The battlefields of WW1 have the greatest concentration of lead core bullets in the world and I remember reading a scientific report written some years ago which encompassed these areas. The report said there was no measurable level of lead residue anywhere that posed a problem to crops,animals, or humanity.
Some people just have too much time to spare if this is all they can think of. If they are so concerned about the earth may I suggest that they support tree planting by offering themselves as "organic" fertiliser by jumping in the hole before the tree is planted :lol: :lol:
Ray
28/08/10, UPDATE. The US EPA have rejected the submission by the "environmentalist" to ban lead projectiles 8) . They are still trying to get lead fishing sinkers banned. Must be bored to tears :roll:

Return to “General Forum”