National F-Class Records Register

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

IanP

National F-Class Records Register

#1 Postby IanP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:35 am

I would like to kickstart a discussion on establishing a National F-Class Records Register.

We now nationally shoot on ICFRA targets which include the X or super centre on them. We have reached a point in our maturity as a sport to want a records register. A national register will allow us to start keeping statistics on scores shot on both metre and yard rifle ranges.

It will provide shooters a benchmark score which represents the best shot over that range and allow a history of f-class shooters to be celebrated as record holders.

We could include some relevant info on the records shot such as calibre so we would know for instance how well 223R compares to 308W in FS and 6mmBR compares to 7mm in FO.

I think an existing website could be used to host the national records register or a new website could be started just to look after and display our national record scores. I'm sure the NRAA would welcome the establishment of the register and the FCSA could be used as an example of what the requirements are to claim a record. Look at their record page and requirements here: http://www.safclass.com.au/Records.html

What do you think?

Ian

Ned

#2 Postby Ned » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:13 pm

IanP

Great idea Ian, I think the register should be in three levels Queens, Prize Meeting, and weekend matches shoot at your home range or DRA shoots. How about we get the NRAA to strike a medal for people that achieve a possible at Queens Prize Meetings.

Ned

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 pm

I would say that a cut off like a minimum of 60.7 or there abouts would be a good cut off point for entry into a records list. This sort of score is a good goal and still attainable. (Well maybe attainable at some easy ranges like my local, but struggle for some difficult ranges like Lower Light or Pontsville)[/code]

John E

#4 Postby John E » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Are we talking about a "record" register or a "possible" register?

John

IanP

#5 Postby IanP » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 am

This thread is specifically about establishing a national records register for f-class target shooting.

Proposal that...

Records can only be claimed if they are are shot and witnessed in competition. Competitions include Club Comps, OPMs and team events if an individual shoots a record score. Practice shoots, sighting-in and novelty events do not count.

I think there is merit in RDavies suggestion of having a minimum score to count for record when first establishing a records register. Records quickly establish a level of difficulty that places them in a league of their own. I think 60.7 is a bit high for starting a national register and anything above 60.0 would be a good starting point. (how many have shot a 60.7 @ 1000 yards?).

I also think the easiest way to manage a records register is with a dedicated website where shooters can email (or have friends email on their behalf) in their record claims with details that also include club office holders as witnesses to the claim. A website would always have the records on show and present a list of past and present record holders.

The NRAA could always make pages available on their (our) website for an appointed F-Class Records Officer to manage. Most websites enable pages to be managed by other contributors thru a simple log-in process.

Bottom line is that a National Records Register could quickly and easily be established by and for F-Class shooters. Its time we as a sport take the initiative and lead from the front. F-Class is experiencing rapid growth and we need to have a solid foundation. Establishing a national register gives the states a common bond and goal. We F-Class Shooters need to find common ground and unifying influences to advance to the next level!

Ian

Chopper

#6 Postby Chopper » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:31 am

Great idea, Chop

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Ian,

PM sent.

Alan

johnk

#8 Postby johnk » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:40 pm

AlanF wrote:Ian, PM sent. Alan

Can I hear somebody being volunteered?

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:36 pm

johnk wrote:Can I hear somebody being volunteered?

That's a new one on me - a Range Officer hearing something. :D :D

johnk

#10 Postby johnk » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:29 am

AlanF the diplomat wrote:That's a new one on me - a Range Officer hearing something.

If it wasn't for the absolute rectitude of ROs, I'd conclude you're leading with your chin.

Elephant Man

Return to “General Forum”