Anzac Range closed

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

M12LRPV

#16 Postby M12LRPV » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Latest update today

http://www.nswra.org.au/
Latest Update 28th August 2011

NSW QUEENS ADVICE

ANNOUNCEMENT RE NSWRA 135th ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

“H.M. THE QUEENS PRIZE”

The NSW Police Firearms Registry (FR) has advised that a decision in relation to the application for a review of the Revocation Order revoking the Range Approval for Anzac Rifle Range Malabar served on July 22nd last, and lodged by NSWRA on August 9th last, will be decided by the end of this coming week (i.e., September 2).

This being the case and if the application for review is positive – that is the range approval is reinstated – then “The Queens” will proceed as advertised at Anzac Range Malabar 14th to 18th September as promulgated.

If on the other hand the review application is negative for us – that is the FR decision does not reinstate the range approval – then “The Queens” will be postponed and an announcement will be forthcoming from NSWRA in relation to our position.

Immediately on receipt of the FR decision as aforementioned the result will be posted on this website.

John Fitzgerald,

Chairman.

phillh

ANZAC Range

#17 Postby phillh » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Good news all re ANZAC range. Please see NSWRA web site. http://www.nswra.org.au/

Latest Update 9th September 2011

ANZAC RIFLE RANGE FIREARMS REGISTRY APPROVAL REINSTATED:

THE NSW POLICE FIREARMS REGISTRY (FR) CONDUCTED AN INSPECTION THIS MORNING FRIDAY 9th SEPTEMBER 2011 OF THE ANZAC RIFLE RANGE MALABAR. THIS INSPECTION WAS CONDUCTED AS PART OF THE REVIEW PROCESS OF OUR APPLICATION FOR REVIEW UNDER SECTION 75 OF THE FIREARMS ACT (1996) AND LODGED WITH THE FR ON AUGUST 9 LAST.

I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE HEAD OF THE FR CASE MANAGEMENT UNIT (FRCMU) ADVISING THAT THE REVOCATION ORDER REVOKING OUR RANGE APPROVAL HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN BY THE COMMISSIONER ON RECOMMENDATION FROM THE FRCMU.

THERE IS STILL THE PAPERWORK TO BE RAISED AUTHORISING LIVE FIRING ON THE RANGE, BUT THIS SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY MONDAY OR TUESDAY OF THIS COMING WEEK (12th) – YOU WILL BE ADVISED IMMEDIATELY THIS IS COMPLETED AND THE RANGE IS OFFICIALLY OPEN – HOWEVER CLUBS UTILISING ANZAC RIFLE RANGE WILL CERTAINLY BE ABLE TO RESUME THEIR NORMAL SATURDAY CLUB SHOOTS BY NEXT SATURDAY 17th SEPTEMBER AT THE LATEST.

THIS OF COURSE IS WONDERFUL NEWS AND DUE IN NO SMALL PART TO IMPLEMENTING THE PROCESS OF FUTHER SECURITY AND SAFETY MEASURES WHICH WILL FORM PART OF THE NEW APPROVAL. THE VOLOUNTEERS WHO ASSISTED, IN PARTICULAR WITH THE INSPECTION ARE OWED A DEBT OF GRATITUDE FROM ALL OF US AND I WILL ADVISE MORE ON THAT LATER.

JOHN FITZGERALD,

CHAIRMAN.

Regards,

Lenny

DaveMc

#18 Postby DaveMc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Great news well done everyone who helped with what needed to be done.

AlanF

#19 Postby AlanF » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Well done NSWRA.

Now to figure out when to slot in the Queens. :-k

Tman

#20 Postby Tman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi Guys, I was out at Anzac yesterday and apart from a ceasefire due to a couple of people trying to make their way onto the range from the ocean side and others discovered on the range, being sent on their way off the range, the afternoon proceeded pretty much as usual.

I shot a 110.5 at 500m, was pleased to be back shooting, despite the interruptions.

On entry to the range, a checkpoint at the gate is now in place, and pickets at both sides of the range and elsewhere on the range.

No details about the Queens as such, except that it may be in December or February (about the time of the Festival of Sydney Shoot).

November is too soon and coincides with the Canberra ACT Queens.

More information about the Queens will come with time.

RDavies

#21 Postby RDavies » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Well it good news that it is all up and running again. Some people must have put in a lot of hard work to get things up and going again. =D>

I hope these people get a pat on the back for their efforts.

phillh

#22 Postby phillh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi all,

please see update from NSWRA: http://www.nswra.org.au/

ANZAC RANGE UPDATE:

Representatives of NSWRA Inc, attended Canberra on Wednesday the 28th of September 2011. A meeting was held with the relevant Senior Commonwealth Officials from DOFAD responsible for the ANZAC Range site and Malabar headland.

We are pleased to report that the Commonwealth advised that they will fully abide with the legal agreement that it has with the NSWRA. Until an alternative range site is available, the NSWRA will not be given a relocation notice. Our NSWRA agreement places key obligations on both parties. The NSWRA will continue to focus on meeting the obligations of this agreement.

All Clubs will be fully briefed in due course. Members best attend the Range if they require further information. Now is the time to maximise the use of our rifle target shooting facilities.

The NSWRA and the Commonwealth will continue to work together to achieve the correct outcome. We are currently combining our efforts in identifying a suitable relocation site.

The Chairman wishes to remind members that all NSWRA shooting disciplines are of key importance, by continuing to work together the needs of all members will be properly catered for.

Anzac Range Approval confirmed

Surgeon

#23 Postby Surgeon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:02 pm

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RENEGES ON PROMISE
26th October 2011.
MEMO:
ALL MEMBERS - CLUB SECRETARIES NSWRA. CHAIRMAN NSWRA - JOHN FITZGERALD.
SUBJECT:
TERMINATION NOTICE - ANZAC RIFLE RANGE MALABAR.
On Friday last 21st October the New South Wales Rifle Association (NSWRA) were issued with a Termination of Licence for the Anzac Rifle Range at Malabar effective 31 st January 2012 by Department of Finance and Deregulation (DOF AD) on behalf of the Commonwealth (the owner).
Despite assurances given during negotiations and consultation with representatives from DOFAD that the Commonwealth would abide by the terms of the relevant Licence, they have now opted to issue us with a Termination Notice advising they do not recognise Clause 3.1 and Item 3 which refer to the Relocation Notice which they state in such Termination Notice "are of no effect".
The Commonwealth of Australia relies on an "implied term" allowing the termination of the Licence on reasonable notice.
Without stating the obvious in regard to such issue of Termination Notice we did not expect such a turn of events. NSWRA has cooperated fully with the Commonwealth and their appointed consultant to identify a suitable relocation site, we were lead to believe we were together progressing towards an amicable consensus for both parties.
It is our intent to challenge the validity of the Termination Notice in the courts. We shall be briefing our lawyers (Hunt&Hunt) within the next few days to take proceedings against the Commonwealth on various grounds to protect our interests. I can at this stage say little more than that, but please be assured we will be transparent and open in advising the membership as we go through this very difficult and distressing period

John Fitzgerald.
Chairman.
NSWRA

AlanF

#24 Postby AlanF » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 pm

I get the impression that this Federal Government has realised that it'll be kicked out big time at the next election, and this is just one of many electorally unpopular things its doing while its got the chance (probably its last chance for many years). I think the strategy for the NRAA is to try to get an assurance from the Coalition that they'll reverse it. With people like Garrett in the Labour Party (I believe the range is in his seat?), this is the sort treatment we have to expect.

I hope this makes all shooters angry enough to punish them at the polls.

Tman

#25 Postby Tman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi there, yet again it shows that one cannot trust the Govt. despite all their previous promises, proposals and supposed future undertakings. Govts. usually are known for not keeping their promises after an election and they have gotten in. These guys are on the way out, know it and don't care how they stuff this country up, be it the carbon tax, the boat people issue and Free Trade (it is interesting to see Julia on TV saying that Free trade will create jobs, she did not mention that these jobs would be overseas!!)

I hope that the NSWRA will be able keep these Bs honest, and holds them to the conditions that were agreed upon, that of an alternate venue and nothing less than that and until such time we stay where we are and nothing less. It is unfortunate that it now looks like the NSWRA will have to pursue the matter in court. I would hope that a solution to this can be found before it gets to that.

AlanF

#26 Postby AlanF » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:58 am

Not that this is the major issue, but the 31st Jan 2012 Licence Termination date would appear to allow the re-scheduled Queens (Jan 25 to 29) to go ahead as planned?

Tman

#27 Postby Tman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi Alan, yes I noticed that too, and I am determined to shoot it. I hope to catch up with you if you intend to do the same.

Ben

RDavies

#28 Postby RDavies » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:46 pm

At least I heard confirmation that the NSW Queens will still be held, only it will be during the Australia Day Long weekend at the end of January.

AlanF

#29 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:58 pm

RDavies wrote:At least I heard confirmation that the NSW Queens will still be held, only it will be during the Australia Day Long weekend at the end of January.

Rod,

I rang NSWRA last week and was told there would be a meeting of the executive on Saturday (yesterday) which should decide the Queens date. Is this where your information came from?

Alan

Tman

#30 Postby Tman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 am

I should be out at ANZAC this coming Saturday and will ask when I am there, as well as to any other developments that may have arisen.

It is my understanding that the Queens is to be shot in place of the Australia Day Prize meeting. I had seen details of this previously.

Ben

Return to “General Forum”