Victorian F-Class Assoc

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Barry Davies

#31 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:02 am

Was the F Class " journey " in Vic a rough ride??
Barry

AlanF

#32 Postby AlanF » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:28 am

I'm not criticising Victoria's introduction of F-Class Barry - but SA is justifiably proud of their association. John's "Victoria is best at everything" attitude needs some balance I think.

Barry Davies

#33 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:44 am

So be it. Nobody is criticising SA's effort, we simply say that Vic does not need an Assoc as F Class gets a good hearing from our State body.
The day that the VRA P### us off is the day we will need an Assoc. but I rather doubt that will happen.
It appears that the " them and us " attitude is still alive and well in some people's mind, hence the belief that a " union " is needed.
Barry

Lynn Otto

#34 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 am

Barry Davies wrote:It appears that the " them and us " attitude is still alive and well in some people's mind,

This is not in evidence on the ground in Victoria, we have traveled to quite a few Victorian shoots and have always been made extremely welcome by TR and F Class shooters alike. From my experience there is by far much less separation in attitudes between TR and F Class in Victoria and is undoubtedly the reason for there not being an association. An observation I have made is that a far greater number of top TR shooters have made the transition to F Class in Victoria, possibly eliminating some of the perceived stigma attached to doing so that appears to be apparent in SA. This I think is largely the reason for the difference in attitudes, but that's just my view as an outsider.

AlanF wrote:John's "Victoria is best at everything" attitude needs some balance I think.

Alan the Victoria / SA rivalry goes back to the settling of this country so I doubt too much 'balance' is going to happen. Besides friendly rivalry is healthy and we all know that you Mexicans aren't so good at some things. :P :D

AlanF

#35 Postby AlanF » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Lynn Otto wrote:Alan the Victoria / SA rivalry goes back to the settling of this country so I doubt too much 'balance' is going to happen. Besides friendly rivalry is healthy and we all know that you Mexicans aren't so good at some things. :P :D

We have team shooting for healthy rivalry - unfortunately some people seem to bring the rivalry off the mound and into discussions on improving the sport, which doesn't really help.

Fireman_DJ

#36 Postby Fireman_DJ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Alan, you sound like you're from Canberra...

Jokes aside, sometimes a little bit of rivalry can help something grow.

Take WW2 and fixed wing aircraft. Vietnam and Helicopters. The cold war and spacecraft.

Maybe, if we Victorians try hard enough to prove that we really are better then all the other states, we can invent some new stuff. Like a carbon-fibre bullet that weights 155 grain and has a BC of 0.989.

TOM

#37 Postby TOM » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:08 pm

When ya get that bullet out DJ send me a couple, Im chasing something that will keep up with those Bergers :wink:

John E

#38 Postby John E » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Not sure what you're talking about Alan. Things have gone smoothly for FSTD right from day 1 here in Victoria. FO has struggled, but I feel that it is close to turning the corner now.
I note that Fstd C Grade will be on the Bacchus Marsh programme --- that must surely tell you something about the progress of FSTD in Victoria, without an F Class association.
GO PIES

John

John E

#39 Postby John E » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:12 pm

AlanF wrote:I'm not criticising Victoria's introduction of F-Class Barry - but SA is justifiably proud of their association. John's "Victoria is best at everything" attitude needs some balance I think.

Alan,
I have never said that Victoria is best at everything, or if I have, show me an example. I have simply stated the facts regarding the progression of FSTD in Victoria without the help of, or need for an F Class association.
If other States feel that they would be better served by having such an association, then so be it. Those associations should then make sure that they serve the wishes of the majority of their members, and keep them advised of the long term goals of the association, or they could well be observed to be not acting in the best interests of F Class in this country.

John

bruce moulds

#40 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:58 pm

lynn,
your statement re there being a stigma attatched to being an fclass shooter in s.a. is completely without base, except perhaps for your local area, i don't know.
our assn has worked hard and successfully to bridge the divide as you would find if you attended any s.a. events. in fact this is one of our major achievements.
again you seem to be one of very few who is disenchanted with the situation here.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Lynn Otto

#41 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Ah Bruce you made me laugh so hard it nearly hurt.

Firstly I do attend SA events as you know, just not as many as I used to for reasons you are aware of.

Secondly I didn't say there was a stigma attached to being an F Class shooter I said there was a perceived stigma to making the transition, two entirely different things. And had you done any number of events in Victoria you would be acutely aware of that which I speak.

Thirdly, I again ask, what on earth makes you think I am disenchanted, maybe if anyone actually ever asked me what I thought you may be horribly surprised to find I don't think a lot different to most others. However, since I have in the past asked quite reasonable questions and received no response to said questions I could in fact be forgiven for being slightly miffed. My criticism stands, our association has a very poor track record when it comes to keeping members informed. Were the members informed of the proceedings of the AGM for example, the only item seen from the AGM was re the proposal for F T/R, how are they supposed to know about everything else. PS I have kept all correspondence from the association, and I also keep notes from meetings, including the original meeting when the structure of the association was discussed at length...and it is not what we ended up with or have you forgotten.

Lastly, that's my final say, this thread was in relation to an association for Victoria, not whether or not I or anyone else is satisfied with our association.

bruce moulds

#42 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:52 am

lynn,
maybe i expressed myself poorly.
your post clearly implies that there is some problem between fclass & tr in s a., when in fact this has never been further from the truth.
you get out of something what you put into it, so perhaps there is a question you could ask yourself if you feel other than most of the members of our assn.
you never seem to miss a chance to have a go at the assn. possibly a more positive approach would yield better communication.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

AlanF

#43 Postby AlanF » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:03 am

At this stage this discussion went off-topic. It is continued HERE

Return to “General Forum”