Australian Gun Registration a Failure

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Southcape

Australian Gun Registration a Failure

#1 Postby Southcape » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Linda

TOM

#2 Postby TOM » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Criminals and murderers dont register their guns anyway, it's only the people who do the right thing that cop shit and pay the price, Like the thousands of recreational shooters in Australia, world class ones at that, who are constantly ignored in the media. If you shoot targets with a rifle and are really good at it, no one cares, if you kill someone with it, everybody knows who you are. Typical!

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Sadly, we don't often see a politician admitting to having made an error of judgement so the laws will stay so someone can save face.

Cameron Mc

#4 Postby Cameron Mc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:44 pm

The article comes as no surprise. I have had rifles on my list that I have never owned.
I have had a couple of inspections and the police are only concerned about the rifles shown on their list. I have had borrowed rifles in the safe during an inspection and the police did not want to know anything about them.
Gun laws are media driven, like many other rules and regs in this country.

Southcape

#5 Postby Southcape » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 pm

TOM wrote:Criminals and murderers dont register their guns anyway, it's only the people who do the right thing that cop shit and pay the price, Like the thousands of recreational shooters in Australia, world class ones at that, who are constantly ignored in the media. If you shoot targets with a rifle and are really good at it, no one cares, if you kill someone with it, everybody knows who you are. Typical!

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Linda

6shooter

#6 Postby 6shooter » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:48 am

Aren't all shooters on the Nationwide register CRIMTRAC? Hate being treated like a criminal just looking for somewhere to have a massacre. My guns in different calibres all serve a purpose. Next we'll all be driving around in ONE model of car - if you folow the anti-gun argument.
I was a gun dealer and when my business closed all remaining firearms were sold to my friend and fellow gun shop owner. Firearms branch rang me at the time and we went over the list of 15 remaining guns, who they were sold to and i was told everything is fine, your dealers Licence is now "empty"
After a crash by the Firearms computer apparently thousands of records were lost. Each year since then I get a phone call from them asking about the whereabouts of this same 15 guns - EACH year. I noticed some of the guns on the list had incorrect serial numbers - human error on Firearms part....but apparently it is still my problem they stuff things up. Thre next year the list still shows the incorrect serial numbers.....
"Your mouthwash aint makin' it"

Return to “General Forum”