Specific Rule Category for F/TR

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

#16 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:34 pm

To be fair Alan et al this particular discussion is in "General Forum" not the FT/R forum so the discussion can be as 'general' as respondents wish. :wink: :D

Fireman_DJ

#17 Postby Fireman_DJ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Actually, this thread in the general forum is regarding the subject of "Specific Rule Category for F/TR". So any post not concerning that IS off topic.

If people wish to talk about any other "general" things, they are more then welcome to start their OWN threads with what ever subjects they desire.

TOM

#18 Postby TOM » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:53 pm

This is about the demise of F standard Alan, your an F open shooter and as such im sure you know the grand plan involving the aforementioned and F/TR.

bruce moulds

#19 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 pm

tom,
please define the big plan.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Southcape

#20 Postby Southcape » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:04 pm

4.5 years?

I am stumped? Can you please enlighten us?
Linda

RAVEN

#21 Postby RAVEN » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Tommy I wouldn't be going down that track
You make cryptic inferences about something you have heard second hand.
I know what you’re on about something posted in a private forum miss quoted and taken out of context.
Believe what you want but some advice I wouldn’t be commenting on things you know nothing about.

It’s actually hilarious :lol: :lol:

AlanF

#22 Postby AlanF » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 pm

TOM wrote:This is about the demise of F standard Alan
Tom,

If you're worried about F/TR as a threat to F-Std, then can I suggest a better option than bagging F/TR would be to promote the virtues of F-Std? After all its rise in popularity over the last 10 years has been spectacular. This talk of F/TR replacing F-Std in Australia is coming from a very small minority. I'd expect F/TR to draw some of its numbers from F-Std, some from TR, and most from outside full bore (with some variation depending on the State). The 3 categories can exist side by side in the same way that F-Std and F-Open have done for years. I am enthusiastically promoting F/TR to help it get off the ground, because I know there are shooters who prefer it to either F-Std or F-Open. If I thought it was going to lead to the demise of one of the other F-Classes, then I wouldn't be promoting it. And I think you'll find the vast majority of F/TR supporters (including Raven) think the same way.

Alan

RAVEN

#23 Postby RAVEN » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:59 pm

Ditto Alan =D> =D>

bruce moulds

#24 Postby bruce moulds » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:38 am

in s.a., the fclass assn will fight for the survival of std should it have to, which it probably won't.
std will always have the feeder of tr, which is a natural progression.
ftr will have a different feeder, and can only complement the other two fclass disciplines, thus making shooting stronger in general.
keep safe,
bruce.

bruce moulds

#25 Postby bruce moulds » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 am

tom, if the plan you mention is what i think it is, your knowledge of it can only have come from one source.
that source took it out of context to make a cheap shot and used it where someone couldn't answer back due to confidence. credit to those who had enough honour to not correct it.
should this be the case, and i could be wrong, you should put up and elaborate on the plan of which you talk, giving facts to demonstrate your full understanding of the situation, or shut up and not shoot someone elses bullets without knowing what is in them.
your credibility might then come up a notch.
keep safe,
bruce.

Barry Davies

#26 Postby Barry Davies » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:12 am

F/Std is still firmly attached to TR and will stay that way. When TR goes ICFRA 100% -and I believe it ultimately will, FS will be further enhanced by better projectiles, lighter triggers, and all else that goes with it.- maybe even unlimited weight :lol: now, that's worth looking forward to.
The benefits of being attached to TR far outweigh anything F/TR can offer ( other than international recognition, of which the majority could'nt care less)
So, I would'nt worry too much about F/TR spelling the demise of FS -- too many shooters enjoy what FS has to offer.
Barry

bruce moulds

#27 Postby bruce moulds » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 am

barry,
you just nailed it.
keep safe,
bruce.

RAVEN

#28 Postby RAVEN » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 am

Well put Barry =D>
hopefully we can get through to some of these ppl
More members in clubs more variety good for all.

Southcape

#29 Postby Southcape » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:50 am

I have stated all along that there is room for all of us to play in F Class, and I agree with what Alan and Barry have said above.

Sure, not everyone wishes to shoot international competition, but currently we have also closed our doors to international F/TR shooters that wish to come and shoot in this great country.
Linda

Brad Y

#30 Postby Brad Y » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Alan

Yes I thought it a good idea. Im not against F/TR but Im a FS shooter and just believed that part of the forum was being filled with content that deserved its own section as it wasnt applicable to FS.

My take on it all is I would expect F/TR to develop itself further and not work against FS or FO as it progresses. If it were to harm another discipline then I would oppose that, but in the mean time its going to be a step towards getting more people into shooting which is a bonus to any discipline.

Return to “General Forum”