Upgraded Mounds at Bendigo

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Gadget

#31 Postby Gadget » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:14 am

Hi Danny
I have had no reply to my email sent Tuesday, but Chopper hit the 2"nail ( pun intended) :roll: on the head, with the rubber mat idea.

Graham

DannyS

#32 Postby DannyS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks Graham, I think I will make 3 small sandbags to go under the front rest. I wonder if using a rubber mat will induce a bit of bounce?

Gadget

#33 Postby Gadget » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Danny
I even considered Scotch Bright pads, :lol: they are dense enough for the feet not to penetrate and seem not to slip around. lol
Graham

SRyan

#34 Postby SRyan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi All,

On behalf of the VRA we would like to provide the following information in relation to this topic.

As you are aware all our mounds have been improved with leveling and synthetic grass mat. They look fantastic with much thanks to the ones that made it possible.

It is due to this synthetic grass mat that we are implementing "no spikes", similar to the existing local condition rule that is present for 1000 yards at Wellsford Bendigo.

To clarify the "no spikes", please be advised that spikes are permitted on equipment but must not be inserted into the ground and penetrate the synthetic grass mat. Equipment with blunt spikes that sit on the grass mat are ok but if you have spikes that are pointed that penetrate the surface then you will need to look at alternative measures.

We appreciate suggestings with in this thread of rubber mats etc and hope that shooters can find an appropiate solution.

We by no means want to "suprise" any of you and we belive that you find this improvement to our facilities a positive one.

Look forward to seeing you all there and hope that X's are on the cards.

Regards,
Susie Ryan
VRA Queens Committee

RAVEN

#35 Postby RAVEN » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

That’s great Suzy
I only mentioned it because it would be a surprise for competitors that have never competed at the Wellsford Range.
I remeber in 2006 I had to cut a hole in my matt because of the extra long grass being kept that way for the Commonwealth Games
The new Mounds I would agree are an improvement but as with all things it will take awhile for the equipment over loaded shooters (F-Class) to adapt.
BTW would love to be there but I have to go North in May and I hear they have the real stuff up there :lol: :lol:
Wish everbody a great comp
I hear F-Open will have to watch out for the Davies fella :-$

RB

DannyS

#36 Postby DannyS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks Susie, I think that clarifies the issue that most sand feet should be okay.

Looking forward to Bendigo.

cheers
Danny

Gadget

#37 Postby Gadget » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks for the head's up.
Graham

Return to “General Forum”