WARA Shop Running Out of Projectiles

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Bindi2

#16 Postby Bindi2 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:51 pm

mike H wrote:If we allow 24 rounds per shooter for 48 weeks that comes to 1008 rounds, round off to 1,000 rounds, so that means WA has 142 members/shooters, why would anyone bother to look after that market. Personaly I think we expect too much of our rifle associations.

I have never loaded a HBC projectile. Your maths only tells me 142 West Aussies use HBC.

aaronraad

#17 Postby aaronraad » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:08 am

Sambo wrote:WARA shop is back in action!

That's the first I've heard of HBC .223 projies, anyone have more info?

This is no way an offical statement from the NRAA or its affiliated organisations, nor do I hold any position within the NRAA etc. ...I've already suffered enough as a volunteer on non-profit boards...

From what I've been able to gather, Bob Dyer is importing the NRAA approved JLK .224 80gr projectiles into Australia? If this is correct, then it's possible the information has been miscommunicated as a '.224-80gr Dyer' supplied projectile?

Without seeing the paperwork myself, I understand the JLK's have been ordered and are expected any day. Realistically though, shooters will require approximately a month after delivery to put a JLK load together. The JLK is more likely to be the 'HBC .223', but it is possible R&J Sports Goods Distributors/Optimus Porjectiles have added a .224-80gr production line? :?:

Again without seeing the paperwork, the Bergers 155.5gr and others have also been ordered and are expected any day, but at this stage aren't approved for use until the start of the new year. Some shooters might have already developed a load with the 155.5gr as they were previously available in Australia. Assuming the 155.5gr's will be able to be bought/sold by November, shooters might be able to develop a load before the 'approval for use date' and not be necessarily disadvantaged against those shooters that already have a 155.5gr load.

So take this with a grain of salt but I've hardly made this post for my own benefit...you wouldn't want to be seeking projectile NRAA approval. :P

My only suggestion for NRAA members seeking further information is to raise their questions/concerns/issues with their State Association and/or Council Board Memeber. The State should stand a better chance of getting an official response from the NRAA? I'd be concerned but I'm not competiting at the moment and I've kinda got my own supply sorted.
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Return to “General Forum”