Chairing in the winner

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

DannyS

#16 Postby DannyS » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Good post Rod, the A grade Tr shooters are great at attending Queens events, but I wonder if it is time they had a AA grade.

Yes, we as F class shooters, if we want more recognition/trophies then maybe we need to put money where our mouths are.

Cheers
Danny

aaronraad

#17 Postby aaronraad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Maybe a 30mm scope ring instead of a badge? Winners can attach them to a 30mm rod, an old turned down barrel, or a spotting scope stand extension?

Instead of a 'chairing' maybe all the other F-Class shooters (or scope ring winners) could lay their shooting mats down side-by-side and shake hands with the winner as he/she passes on the way to the podium presentation.

Leave the chairing for Kings and Queens; and bring in hand shakes for good sportsmen and sportswomen. Yes they will be standing on your mat, but maybe one day you will stand on theirs. :wink:
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

bartman007

#18 Postby bartman007 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 pm

While TR shooters are running the big comps, I think it is natural that there will be a slight bias towards them. Will you be fair with the TR shooters when you run shoots?

I don't think we need to worry about being fair, if we have an equal number of TR and FC people on the organising committee's. I think due to F Class coming along later, it is seen as an 'extra' event that is conveniently run by each state, at the same time.

Whereas I see it as three events run in parallel, each which could have their own prize break up based on the numbers that have entered in each discipline. This would clearly even out the prize distribution.

up until now, all the prizes have been donated by t.r.
it is now time for fclass guys to donate quality silver trophies for what they want.

I'm curious where all that entry money goes? The organisers get sponsorship each year as a result of their dealing with various suppliers and local businesses benefiting from the local Queen's events.

As per some other comments here, F Class don't need to give out the same types of prizes, so if the organisers were to work on giving back a proportion of the takings that F Class competitors pay to enter, I would have thought the winners could be appropriately rewarded for their efforts.

After all, we pay $25 per day to enter an OPM, compared to a minumum $50 per day for a State event. With a larger entry number than most OPM's, then there is some serious money there to play with.

One of the things that I have seen is the loss of competitor marking. That certainly drives costs up, and reduces what goes back to the competitors. I still enjoy marking, so why not bring it back with the option to buy out if you don't want or are unable to, as that will drastically drop the outgoings and allow for more conversation time as we pull targets! It may actually improve the level of marking that we receive!

DannyS

#19 Postby DannyS » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Aaron, I quite like your thinking, rather than take over TR tradition lets start our own, a red carpet of shooters matts. Yes, we may have to wash them afterwards if it is wet, but then whoever washes their shooting matt.

Cheers
Danny

Razer

#20 Postby Razer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm

TR tradition should not be altered as it was founded in Queen Victoria's time, hence the bagpipes,etc.

FC is Ozzie, true blue, so we should set our own traditions.
We now have more than enough Queens FC winners to carry the chair, just the same as TR. 8)

I still like the idea of the chair, but, due to the constant reference to the fact that the origins of FC was for shooters who are poor, old, half blind dodderers like me, I would like the chair to be of the rocking variety, preferably attached to a couple of gum tree rails like the ones we used in the cattle yard before gates came out. :roll:
I think we should also be able to keep the chair so as our after match nap is not interrupted. :wink:

Chopper

#21 Postby Chopper » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Bartman, if it was not for the high entry today for FC Queens Ime sure the prize money for TR would NOT be as much as it is, I think it should be the same, and then watch FC,s grow, When you have a 50/50 FC and TR entry why not?? Will we see a $1000+ paid for the FC , it will take time but it will get there, Then FC will need to be chaired in because they cant walk because their wallet is to heavy as well, :lol: Ime an old TR shooter an still hold the respect, but not for the prizes paid out ,Chop.

bruce moulds

#22 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 pm

a b or c grade shooter can win a queens if they shoot well enough.
i sa w b grader in with a chance once, and he was not on the leader board until it was pointed out that it is an open comp, ungraded.
this fact has some effect on burglers.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

DannyS

#23 Postby DannyS » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Razer, it sounds like you need a wheelchair :D

Chopper

#24 Postby Chopper » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Bruce, we have a long way to go yet with FC, I think an FC b grader should be able to claim an FC A badge , Lets put this to the NRAA as well as prize money ? Ive done my little bit , put it up, or nothing will change, Chop.

Chopper

#25 Postby Chopper » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Razer , yes let it be for TR, its a great thing, the pipes and chair bring a tear but Why? I think Target Rifle started here in OZ about 1845 in Sydney ?? I think the prize money then could buy you a house ? Chop.

Wakey7

#26 Postby Wakey7 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:39 pm

In my opinion if people are only shooting OPM's and Queens to win trophies and prize money they are doing it for the wrong reasons. Where is doing it for the fun and fellowship gone ???

Razer

#27 Postby Razer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Just being a tad facetious there Danny, :wink:
Not ready for a wheelchair yet, still trying out how these V8 crutches work. :roll:

Nostalgia Chop, the country needed good disciplined men and Queen Victoria offered the 'Queens Prize", from memory, 200 pounds then, all to have good marksmen ready to fight the foe.
I don't think it is the chair today as much as the sound of the pipes. Without the pipes it is a none event. :(

Chopper

#28 Postby Chopper » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Hey Wakey, I understand what you say but do you know the value of a Queens badge ?? Or Kings ,Most dont,and have had them given to them against 1, 2, 3 shooters in the past, have respect against 1,2,3000 shooters, Chop.

bartman007

#29 Postby bartman007 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 am

Instead of a 'chairing' maybe all the other F-Class shooters (or scope ring winners) could lay their shooting mats down side-by-side and shake hands with the winner as he/she passes on the way to the podium presentation.

Is there scope for Grid Girls, and Podium Girls for the start and finish of our competition?

Maybe bottles of Champagne that we get to squirt over the crowd!

I think that would modernise it a bit, and certainly set us apart from the TR crowd 8)

mike H

#30 Postby mike H » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Chopper wrote:Bruce, we have a long way to go yet with FC, I think an FC b grader should be able to claim an FC A badge , Lets put this to the NRAA as well as prize money ? Ive done my little bit , put it up, or nothing will change, Chop.

At Canberra they can,in 2011 at the ACT Queen`s,a B grader had the highest F/Class score and was awarded the number one badge in A grade,the second person in B grade was awarded the number one B grade F/Class badge.
Mike.

Return to “General Forum”