Legal Projectiles

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ger

Re: Member Update #36

#16 Postby ger » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 am

MROFD wrote:Here is a copy of the #36 Member Update.
I happened to find a copy of it on the Sanford Rifle Clubs web site.... :?: :?:

Quite interesting that they have managed to lay their hands on a copy, yet the NRAA couldn't :?: :?: :roll:

http://sandfordrifleclub.com.au/wp/wp-c ... ice361.pdf

That is was not on the NRAA website is my fault.

It turns out that it was sent to me back in August in amongst other files unrelated. But as a Word document. I don't recall specifically but I probably meant to convert it to PDF but promptly got distracted and forgot about it - and no-one reminded me! (Likewise #37).

Anyway, I just found it in last years emails and have posted it, along with #37, on the NRAA website.

But be quick. I expect today to enable a new NRAA website and I don't know if this material is on that either.

I will have no control or access to the new website - don't even know what it looks like.

Geoff.

aaronraad

#17 Postby aaronraad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 am

Definitely looks like an underlying communication issue is at hand after reading MU#37...but that's the one thing we all knew anyway. :wink:

But seriously, it's a horrible waste of decision making time if decisons aren't communicated correctly and in a timely manner, let alone relying on single formatt to communicate with. Especially considering the majority of positions held within the various levels of our organisation are on a volunteer basis. Been there done that and now too scared from Excutive Meetings when I was younger. Meeting time is precious and never seems frequent enough.

I know we're concerned about the ammunition rules, but if I could make one suggestion about the layout of the Member Update. Make sure the lead articles cover any safety issues, especially if they justify another rule for our sport. The layout reads like a list of priorities from the NRAA and needs to mirror the NRAA's actual priorities, exactly. Need I say more?
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

macguru

#18 Postby macguru » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Bergers were used in the Anzac shoot this weekend, and are for sale in the nswra shop

just so you know ....

bobped

Approved Projectiles

#19 Postby bobped » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:46 pm

I haven't been able to get the latest version of the SSR's up yet for a number of reasons. There are a lot of additions in this one, I'm working on three other major projects, I've been away, and I've been crook. The full SSR's won't be on the web site until after the NRAA Feb board meet as there are a couple of minor changes yet to be approved and I don't want to put out an update to the SSR's every couple of weeks. Membership Updates 36 and 37 are available on the NRAA web site and both clearly state Bergers are/were legal as of 1st Jan 2013.

Below is an extract from Appendix 1 of the new SSR's (not yet published)

Standard Shooting Rules Page 109 of 127. February 2013 Issue - Version 2a

PROJECTILES ALLOWED
The following projectiles are at present approved for handloading for Target Rifle and F Class Standard Disciplines.
.308 Calibre
Sierra MatchKing 2155.................155 grain.
Sierra Palma MatchKing 2156.......155 grain.
BJD - HBC .308...........................155 grain.
Nosler HPBT .308.........................155 grain.
Berger VLD Match Target..............155 grain
Berger Match Fullbore Target.........155.5 grain
Berger Match Hybrid Target...........155 grain

.223 Calibre
Sierra - MatchKing:- .224...............69 grain.
Sierra - MatchKing:- .224...............80 grain.
Hornady – Amax:- .224..................80 grain.
Nosler – HPBT:- .224.....................80 grain.
JLK VLD:- .224..............................80 grain.
Berger Match VLD Target:- .224......80 grain.
Berger Match Fullbore Target:- .224..80.5 grain.

APPROVED POWDERS
For 7.62mm (.308”) and .303” handloaded ammunition:-
ADI Sporting Powder:- AR2206, 2206H, 2208, 2209 and Benchmark 8208.
For 5.56mm (.223”) handloaded ammunition:-
ADI Sporting Powder:- BM2, AR2206, 2206H, 2208 and Benchmark 8208.
For F Open
Any Powder

I've also just emailed all States a copy of Appendix 1 which I've asked them to disseminate them as widely as possible. I'll also get the Appendix up on the NRAA Web Site ASAP.
Bob Pedersen
Last edited by bobped on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveMc

#20 Postby DaveMc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks for that Bob - We have a local PM coming up and no doubt this will be handy for clarification.

Cheers

MROFD

#21 Postby MROFD » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Yea, thanks Bob, I'm not sure if I should shoot FO or FO-Jr. this weekend .................... :roll:
Can we go for open trigger weights next?

Return to “General Forum”